Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D 2019.1 is Available Now

Nice! Thanks!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Hey, really nice! Thank you!
    Ground control to Major Tom

So with the Menu and Keyboard Shortcuts now separate config files, I take it we probably shouldn't copy our 2019.0.3 configs over to 2019.1? Yes/No/Maybe?
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

I just installed this evening. I've OD Tools but before I used that, I simply saved out my keys & menu configs from .03 to the root of my D:/Newtek folder. After installing .Ten, I did the same with it as I usually do just in case. The cfg files are folder agnostic, so once you've scanned & installed your plugs for the new install, those cfg's work just fine. I just loaded the .03 ones but removed any LWCad items to do separately, but that's just a matter of copying the previous folder structure to .Ten's support/plug-ins folder. Added the menu tabs & the shape Library remains in the same place & not sure if I had to even refind it.

Think I did an Import & Replace on the OD Tools menus just to be safe, but everything seems to be in place & working. Even my mouse button assigns.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Just wanted to mention a nice surprise tonight with an FBX import. The model is a Daz set of a Wild West Mine & is pretty intricate; dozens of lanterns, candles etc. I generally don't even bother with them as nothing ever exports.

Except tonight they did! I had nice point lights properly placed though out the set in my lanterns & candles. Woo and Hoo!

I haven't looked super close yet but all items seem to import properly position wise too. I've always have issues with that using FBX & never could figure the logic of why some parented items placed fine & others wouldn't.

Cameras are coming in with their names more or less intact too. A few extra numbers added but at least the basic name is there. Before, no mater what, your cameras were always getting renamed to Camera 1_1, etc.

So, off to a good start here anyway.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

I haven't installed yet but I'm curious about this new FBX. A number of times I've tried doing camera tracking in blender and using FBX to get the camera into LW but I've always had trouble with it. There have been some work arounds mentioned but it would be nice if I could just load it.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Congrats on release NT/DEVs, good stuff, modeler layers panel is very interesting one .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Just wanted to mention a nice surprise tonight with an FBX import. The model is a Daz set of a Wild West Mine & is pretty intricate; dozens of lanterns, candles etc. I generally don't even bother with them as nothing ever exports.

Except tonight they did! I had nice point lights properly placed though out the set in my lanterns & candles. Woo and Hoo!

I haven't looked super close yet but all items seem to import properly position wise too. I've always have issues with that using FBX & never could figure the logic of why some parented items placed fine & others wouldn't.

Cameras are coming in with their names more or less intact too. A few extra numbers added but at least the basic name is there. Before, no mater what, your cameras were always getting renamed to Camera 1_1, etc.

So, off to a good start here anyway.
    good stuff

Great update! Thanks for layers additions! Very big thanks for new OGL option "Hide all non-renderable elements grid, motion paths, camera, light, bone and null icons, etc." (although I still can't find it, hehe)!

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Great update! Thanks for layers additions! Very big thanks for new OGL option "Hide all non-renderable elements – grid, motion paths, camera, light, bone and null icons, etc." (although I still can't find it, hehe)!
    Just untick this:

http://prntscr.com/ofmsvo
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Yes, thanks, already figured out. Very useful feature!

Just installed the new version and I am having a strange issue. The viewport is 2x scaled from the bottom left corner of the viewport, so the center of the viewport becomes the top right corner, and all of the mouse inputs are scales as well. completely unusable currently. This is on mac, and has never happened with any other update. seems like some sort of HiDPI Display bug. is anyone else experiencing this? feels like a messed up config issue or something.

UPDATE: Just found the solution. I needed to select "Allow HiRes GL" in the Lightwave's Special Menu ip in the mac menu bar. now the viewport is scaled correctly.
    Last edited by hypersuperduper; 07-16-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Impressive change log! But "t" in modeler does not work

another issue. Something has broken in the cel shader. all of the colors become completely blown out. I have submitted a bug report.

update: it is possible to get the cel-shading to behave properly by significantly reducing all of the color values or reducing light strength, but considering the default cel shading gradient results in completely blown out colors, it seems most likely that this is a bug of some kind.
    Last edited by hypersuperduper; 07-16-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    Impressive change log! But "t" in modeler does not work
    My bad! Forgot to change to tablet mode...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast