Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3D« 2019.1 is Available Now

LightWave 3D« 2019.1 is Available Now

NewTek is pleased to announce the availability of LightWave 3D« 2019.1, a feature update to the production-proven graphics and animation package that refines the artist’s workflow to make creation of complex, photo-real animation and imagery faster and more efficient. LightWave™ 2019.1 builds on the streamlined workflows introduced in 2019, and also adds new capabilities to many of the new features of 2019.1, including the LightWave Bridge to Unreal Engine and OpenVDB content creation tools.

In addition, more than two hundred stability enhancements continue the trend of making each new edition the most stable and productive LightWave ever, for users.

The LightWave 2019.1 update is a free download for registered users of LightWave 2019.

For a limited time, registered users of earlier versions of LightWave can upgrade to LightWave 2019.1 for US$395. See details below.

Availability & Pricing

LightWave 3D 2019.1 for Windows and Mac OS is available now for USMSRP $995.

Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D (LightWave 2018 and earlier) can upgrade to LightWave 2019.1 for US$395, through August 16, 2019. LightWave owners who are eligible for special pricing under the terms of a previous purchase will need to contact LightWave Customer Services directly for their purchase arrangements.

International pricing may vary.

Educational pricing is also available. Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy-lightwave/ to purchase or to locate an authorized LightWave reseller.

Get the details at the LightWave 3D blog: LightWave 3D« 2019.1 is Available Now
    Last edited by Chuck; 07-15-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

That's a hefty list in the change log. Thanks devs!
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Great..

Hi Chuck,

Would you consider changing the blue tone on the enhancements title, not good to have that kind of blue color on grey, sort of like green on blue and the opposite when interpreting the color scheme..hard for the eyes.
    Suggestion would be to have that title as strong white, and following description smaller text less white..less opacity.

Alternatively, put a black backround borderplate beneath the blue title text, that will help distinguish it better.

For the actual upgrade enhancements, will have to install later and check, but some goodies it seems

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Great..

Hi Chuck,

Would you consider changing the blue tone on the enhancements title, not good to have that kind of blue color on grey, sort of like green on blue and the opposite when interpreting the color scheme..hard for the eyes.
    Suggestion would be to have that title as strong white, and following description smaller text less white..less opacity.

Alternatively, put a black backround borderplate beneath the blue title text, that will help distinguish it better.

For the actual upgrade enhancements, will have to install later and check, but some goodies it seems
    I just changed out the color scheme for something a little easier on the eyes, and similar to what I use on the forum posts.

I'd been meaning to fix that but got a little tied up with other tasks. Apologies!
    Chuck Baker
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

That┤s better chuck, I like orange against gray as well.

Note...
    You may want to either change color on the youtube playlist, it doesn┤t indicate that it is a link at all, or add a youtube icon next to that white playlist text.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. Thanks Chuck, that's a massive improvement.

Nice, I wasn't expecting a .1 release for 2019 since 2018 didn't have any. As soon as I get time I will set this version up for production work.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

And the full change log is in the account, a lot more fixes than on the blog.

Thanks Chuck and kudos LW devs !
    That's an extremely long list of fixed bugs and some interesting new improvements and additions.
    Muchos gracias folks.

I thought it was funny that I just recently made a tutorial on Physical Sky and talked about working around the black under the horizon, then an update comes out that fixes it. �� Now the video I just posted is out of date.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

That┤s better chuck, I like orange against gray as well.

Note...
    You may want to either change color on the youtube playlist, it doesn┤t indicate that it is a link at all, or add a youtube icon next to that white playlist text.
    Made that link cyan also, plus did the same for the link in the line about educational purchasers. Thanks!
    Chuck Baker
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn

Thanks for the update, didn't expect that!

First impressions

- The new navigation is a big improvement for Layout, however it would have been good to provide some industry standards presets
    - Physical Sun/Sky is still horrible to use and not intuitive, also doesn't look good compared to other implementations
    - The OpenGL GUI Hide option is very useful but why is there not just a simple button instead of a drop down menu, drop downs are annoying to use. An On/Off button with additional drop down to select which GUI items to show/hide would be ideal
    - Item list improvements are helpful

...but still many dialog boxes are fixed size...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2019_1.PNG 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	145446

- Good to see several VDB improvements and fixes

... but having the first OpenVDB crash already while moving the timeline playhead in VPR mode using a converted TFD Volume...

Name:	LW_2019_1_VDB.PNG 
Views:	89 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	145447

Nevertheless overall another positive step for LightWave.
    Last edited by Marander; 07-15-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post

First impressions

- Physical Sun/Sky is still horrible to use and not intuitive, also doesn't look good compared to other implementations

Name:	LW2019_1.PNG 
Views:	158 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	145446
    Compared to which implementations?

I prefer Lightwave┤s before blenders and houdini┤s, they are tougher to work with even, especially aligning suncolor with the direction it has when changing pitch/elevation of the sun, as long as you select your new sunlight, that is already set..I have yet to figure that out in blender and houdini.

As for the looks, by default it gives one look, and it is different from let┤s say Dp sunsky, but you can get it quite similar with tweaking the right intensity, scattering colors wich may not be ideal by default etc.

Compared to which implementations?

I prefer Lightwave┤s before blenders and houdini┤s, they are tougher to work with even, especially aligning suncolor with the direction it has when changing pitch/elevation of the sun, as long as you select your new sunlight, that is already set..I have yet to figure that out in blender and houdini.

As for the looks, by default it gives one look, and it is different from let┤s say Dp sunsky, but you can get it quite similar with tweaking the right intensity, scattering colors wich may not be ideal by default etc.
    Well I don't want to go into product comparison but I find the sun / sky settings at least in two different 3rd party render engines (one for CPU and one for GPU) much easier to control with more detailed options and realistic result, even though both use the Hosek model (and offer additional ones like Preetham or CIE). But it's mostly the looks, it doesn't seem to look natural to me in LW. Probably has to do also with the fact that I'm not so familiar with the LW implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post

First impressions

- The new navigation is a big improvement for Layout, however it would have been good to provide some industry standards presets
    Yeah, I am not getting this, why cant we have maya style navigation like in every other application? Why is it so difficult?

Nice to see an update, it is a shame it was pirated before the official version was out, as noted on facebook

My first observation - Modeller performance is significantly worse than 2019.03 which is worse than 2015.3, when it comes to CAD data.

Thanks for bug fixes.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast