Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you did something you were really proud of?

Cool When was the last time you did something you were really proud of?

For me one thing I remember was paying of my $12,000.00 loan that my grandma Mary cosigned on to get my first Video Toaster a little early...that is a moment in NewTek History that I am proud of. GO NEWTEK GO!

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Blog Entries
    How long ago was that?

The loan thing I mean.
    Last edited by Shabazzy; 07-11-2019 at 10:15 PM.

I can tell that was a lot of work & I liked it.

Not exactly my last time (I hope), but of similar vintage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yugpocffU

Shot over two nights w/o any time code, etc. Think my 20K DigiSuite system had crapped out by then so using a fraction-of-the-cost Black Magic Design card to ingest the footage. Edited in Premiere with some assistance of After Effects, both CS6.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

sHABAZZY 1991 I BELIEVE...OLDF...ART.

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn farrell View Post
    shabazzy 1991 i believe...oldf...art.

Well I think in my case, if we're talking only NewTek related pride, that would be my learning that there were users of the SpeedEDIT forums that found value in my posts which addressed the problems and issues they were facing with the software. And how happy that made them when it got solved.

I know that a lot of the posts were quite lengthy and overly detailed but I thought to myself, not everyone who reads these posts are going to be proficient with SpeedEDIT so I need to make the solutions comprehensible to all levels. And the gratitude expressed really made me feel valued and worthwhile.

I'm very proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post

Well I think in my case, if we're talking only NewTek related pride, that would be my learning that there were users of the SpeedEDIT forums that found value in my posts which addressed the problems and issues they were facing with the software. And how happy that made them when it got solved.

I know that a lot of the posts were quite lengthy and overly detailed but I thought to myself, not everyone who reads these posts are going to be proficient with SpeedEDIT so I need to make the solutions comprehensible to all levels. And the gratitude expressed really made me feel valued and worthwhile.

I'm very proud of that.
    oH MAN YOU HELPED ME OUT ALOT WITH SpeedEDIT...I guess my most infamous SpeedEDIT moment was my SoundTraxx Music SpeedEDIT Launcher that turned on AeroF/X and made SpeedEDIT look ******* AWESOME on WIN 7 but slowed down the Windoiws.exe by 30% thus SpeedEDIT became slower... Aaaaaaargh!

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I can tell that was a lot of work & I liked it.

Not exactly my last time (I hope), but of similar vintage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8yugpocffU

Shot over two nights w/o any time code, etc. Think my 20K DigiSuite system had crapped out by then so using a fraction-of-the-cost Black Magic Design card to ingest the footage. Edited in Premiere with some assistance of After Effects, both CS6.
    Any NewTek Products in that PIPEPLINE? (ether) -SLF

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool Who could forghet this:

I remember meeting Tim Jenison at The beverly Hills Hilton? in California at a Video Toaster Expo, he came to my booth and saw my NavigatoR Software and asked me to design interface icons like mine for the Video Toaster 4000 final release in the AREXX scripts...pretty awesome I got a Video Toaster Tshirt and a Beta release for that one...(and years later...a HUGE favor...an emergency replacement VideoToaster 4000 & Flyer flown in over night! HOLY **** I WAS ASTOUNDED! -SLF (GREATEST NEWTEK MOMENTS THREAD IN TIME)

HERE IS THE LAST OF MY VIDEOTOASTERS WORKING TODAY...I HAD FIVE AND I LOVED THEM AS CHILDREN...MAYBE MORE i DONT HAVE KIDS.

IT TOOK AWHILE TO GET THE VT4000 TALKING TO THE #TRICASTER...WE EVENTAULY USED A BNC-RCA RCA-1/4" CABLE PIPELINE ALONG WITH THE FLYER EXPANSION CONNECTOR TO GET THOSE TWO COMMUNICATING VIDEO/AUDIO TOGETHER AND STAYING IN SYNC...NEXT WE WILL INTEGRATE THE FLYER CARD! (MEMORIES!)

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool UnBoxinf The TriCaster! YES!

When I was younger life was alot of fun,

Things were poppin in NewTek and Videoland all over and I was healthy so I could enjoy it. BUT for the last 20 years I was suffering from PTSD from a WAR I fought with my ex-financial partner who I brought in to buy another business...BIG MISTAKE! BUT! NewTek TO THE RESCUE!!!!

That's right they come again with the goods I recieved a PM one day from Steve (I can't say his last name...TOP SECRET!) and he warned me there would be a TriCaster showing up at my little mouse hole multimedia complex soon. I never will forget that day! Thanks STEVE #####!

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool oh and proud of this also:

proud of thisLightWave Anim with unreal physics...

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool

I have been walking for president since 1989...i'm very proud of the fact that i will win in 2024!

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

I should ask what the policy of this president is... but then i remembered, Politics ain't allowed on the NewTek forums...   
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

The year 2000. Understanding Chaos.

Terrence Walker
    Studio ArtFX
    I'm still alive!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

I should ask what the policy of this president is... but then i remembered, Politics ain't allowed on the NewTek forums...   
    His first order of business is to implement a SpeedEDIT development and education program to ensure that the his government sends the message to the industry that it backs the best video editor in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Teruchan View Post
    The year 2000. Understanding Chaos.

I remember this one.   Inspiring!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast