Thread: Use CSV and DATALINK to update multiple images.

Use CSV and DATALINK to update multiple images.

I have a table of data with image paths and I'd like to update images and values via datalink? Possible with TC1 AE?

8 Columns. 3 Rows.

Top row has photos.
    next two rows have integers.

We're updating player scores with a spreadsheet BUT want to be able to sort first place, 2nd place etc... so the order of the columns needs to update.

Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.02.46 PM.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	145424  

I think this is where you want to do some sort of Link inside of Excel and use the macros to create a new sheet with the appropriate order that you desire. You update the appropriate columns with the score and then the placement is adjust on another sheet, that sheet is what you export to csv and to the datalink folder.

Cool but how do you define images? With a path to the image in one of the fields? I haven't been able to find a csv tutorial for images - just text/integers

Yeah the field would indeed be D:/sessions/Foo/images/1.jpg (where ever you stored the photos) I haven't done graphics this way in a while but it should be doable. I believe you put a placeholder image when making the template and then mark it as a variable. The LiveText guide should cover it I think.