Thread: PTZ tab missing from Live Production interface after upgrade to AE3

PTZ tab missing from Live Production interface after upgrade to AE3

So did the PTZ tab get removed from the Live Production interface in AE? We recently upgraded our 460 to AE3 and now the only way I can see to control PTZ cameras from the interface is to go into each individual camera's settings. That can't be the way it is now, can it??

Because of the enhancements added to the PTZ system the tab has been removed from AE3.

There other methods available, here is what is available now.

- You can press the '*' key on the keypad to open the PTZ panel for the input currently on preview.

- If you type in the IP address of the TriCaster system on another computer's web browser, you can open the 'Preview Presets' tool. This will let you select the PTZ preset for any camera that is currently on the preview channel of the TriCaster along with providing a live video preview.

This video show the above two features along with many other AE3 enhancements.
    https://www.newtek.com/blog/tricaste...dition-3-demo/

- You will also find that manual PTZ control from the control surface is no longer a two handed procedure. You can now delegate PTZ control to the joystick and then make adjustments while out having to hold down the SHIFT button like previous.

When the next major release of AE3 comes out (Rev 7-1) there will also be an new enchantment, that will probable be most of what you are looking for. You will have the ability to put display the PTZ presets directly in the multiview. You can have multiple camera presets visible if you have more than one PTZ. This will give you PTZ preset selection that is constantly available on screen.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Got it. Love it when features are removed from a product we use all the time.

Thanks for explaining, though. Any idea when Rev 7-1 will be released? Sounds like we'll need to downgrade to AE2 until then.

Quote Originally Posted by 090 View Post
    Got it. Love it when features are removed from a product we use all the time.

Thanks for explaining, though. Any idea when Rev 7-1 will be released? Sounds like we'll need to downgrade to AE2 until then.
    Rev 7-1 is in beta right now, getting close to release but I do not know when that will be.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane for taking into consideration the comments of your end users and making adjustments. That said, per my previous posts about this topic, I feel like this decision to adjust the workflow was made in a complete vacuum and didn't take into consideration how your user base actually used the product. Is there a real-world user base of ops that NewTek taps to test these things in a live environment? If so, I volunteer to be a part of that group.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I don't think this kind of misguided UI decision would have been made had a varied group of long-time Tricaster users been asked to weigh in.

You can send an email to [email protected] and ask about becoming a beta tester. I'm not sure if they are currently looking for any.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

So I just tried downloading AE2 so I could downgrade my 460 and the downloader that is available on the site just pulls down the latest TC build (dated 7/3/2019). How do I obtain older builds?

That is the one lanes ae2 it says it's 5-1-190425 which should be April 25th?

http://new.tk/TC51DL-01

Generally speaking older version links are not maintained. I keep a history of versions locally for that reason.

Thanks!