Thread: Anyone using a TCXD455 Control Surface with their TC1

Anyone using a TCXD455 Control Surface with their TC1

Hi all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone is using a TCXD455 Control Surface on their TC1? I had an issue with my TC1 last year on a job and seem to remember one of the things that could have caused it was the CS.

Since then i've just gone with a keyboard and a Novation pad/X Keys as most of my work is pretty macro heavy, but i just wanted to check if anyone was using this older CS with the TC1 and if it was all working out ok?

Thanks
    Simon Malone
    Certified Tricaster Operator
    FreelanceVisionMixer.co.uk
    About Me | Day Rates & Kit Hire

Quote Originally Posted by malone1986 View Post
    Hi all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone is using a TCXD455 Control Surface on their TC1? I had an issue with my TC1 last year on a job and seem to remember one of the things that could have caused it was the CS.

Since then i've just gone with a keyboard and a Novation pad/X Keys as most of my work is pretty macro heavy, but i just wanted to check if anyone was using this older CS with the TC1 and if it was all working out ok?

Thanks
    The 455CS works on the TC1. However, the button layout will be exactly the same as a TC1SP panel, meaning that many of the 455CS button labels will not match the function. There is a company that makes a button label replacement kit which would allow you to change the button in a professional manner versus just putting tape on the buttons. I've attached a picture of what the 455CS button layout would be when connected to a TC1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460CS on AE3.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	145321
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yeah we do, I just made new inserts for the buttons. As we have both CSs and TC460 with AE3, the button layout is the same and i regularly switch CSs between machines (although i didn't try using TC1SP with 460, i have no reason to believe that wouldn't work as well).
    As far as i can tell TC1SP is just fancier looking CS with the same internals and new button prints And TC1SP even reports as 455CS in the control surfaces add-on.

hi guys, thanks for the reply on this one and good to know it will all work perfectly and thanks for the button diagram Kane, really appreciate it and will look to order the button inserts asap!

Cheers,
    Simon Malone
    Certified Tricaster Operator
    FreelanceVisionMixer.co.uk
    About Me | Day Rates & Kit Hire

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    The 455CS works on the TC1. However, the button layout will be exactly the same as a TC1SP panel, meaning that many of the 455CS button labels will not match the function. There is a company that makes a button label replacement kit which would allow you to change the button in a professional manner versus just putting tape on the buttons. I've attached a picture of what the 455CS button layout would be when connected to a TC1.

Name:	460CS on AE3.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	145321

Do you happen to have a diagram for what an 850/60 board would look like when working with the new AE3 software???

I do.

This is the 850/855/860CS on a 410/460 AE3 system.

Name:	860CS-AE3onTC460.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	145333

This is the 850/855/860CS on an 860 AE3 system.

Name:	860CS-AE3onTC860.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	145332
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.