Thread: Tricaster 40 Needs RTMPS Software Update for Facebook by Nov 1, 2019

Tricaster 40 Needs RTMPS Software Update for Facebook by Nov 1, 2019

Hello NewTek!

I have been informed by tech NewTek chat support that the Tricaster 40 will no longer be able to stream live video on Facebook, due to a new requirement going into effect on Nov 1, 2019 that requires all live video to be streamed on a secure RTMPS stream. Please let us know as soon as possible if you will be putting out an software update to fix this issue with the Tricaster 40, otherwise I'm it's going to be very disappointing having such an expensive piece of hardware, that is essentially unusable for Facebook.

Model Tricaster TDXC40 v1
    Most current software update version: 5g

-FLC

I do not know for sure, but I doubt this will be updated. The TriCaster 40 is a legacy product and the last update for the v1 software versions was in 2014. If I recall, TriCaster 40 models haven't been sold for a few years now.
    https://www.newtek.com/downloads/?legacy-products

I would recommend that if Facebook is your primary destination, that you look at trade in to a new TriCaster model. All current TriCaster models have Facebook API streaming integration and are ready for the switch-over to secure Facebook streaming.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

There may be other solutions, too, including using the TriCaster to produce the broadcast and then using a restreaming service or relatively inexpensive outboard streaming device to hit Facebook.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")