Thread: Modeler's Syncronize Layout Inconsistant

Modeler's Syncronize Layout Inconsistant

Curious if others are seeing this. Maybe it's the size of models I'm working with of late, but if I send something to Modeler from Layout, make a tweek or two, Save, Sync, close the model then close Modeler, when I return to Layout, the model hasn't updated. I generally have to do a Replace with Object to get Layout up to date. Smaller models seem to be OK but don't know where that threshold is. This is with 2019.0.3.

I've also noticed how glacial modeler can be when simply closing out a large model as well. I can open Task Manager, click to close the object & watch Modeler's memory use s-l-o-w-l-y work it's way down until it gets below 4 Gb, then bang!, it's done. Similar for closing out Layout too.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The 2018 and 2019 version of the Hub have been the worst ever and 2019 is by far inferior to anything before it. I haven't lost models but I have lost surfacing work done in Layout while the model is open Modeler. It used to be that if you made changes in Layout and went to Modeler the object would update to the changes made in Layout. Now the model in Layout goes back to where it was before your surfacing work if you switch to Modeler and then back to Layout without saving. Save often. This Hub/two app workflow is getting long in tooth. Other than this and the slow renderer I'm loving almost every other aspect of 2019.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

i use -0 in shortcuts and custom config path. recommend.

noticed an issue in modeller & layout when loading items with a lot of large image maps. Slow as hell. 2015.3 faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    The 2018 and 2019 version of the Hub have been the worst ever and 2019 is by far inferior to anything before it. I haven't lost models but I have lost surfacing work done in Layout while the model is open Modeler. It used to be that if you made changes in Layout and went to Modeler the object would update to the changes made in Layout. Now the model in Layout goes back to where it was before your surfacing work if you switch to Modeler and then back to Layout without saving. Save often. This Hub/two app workflow is getting long in tooth. Other than this and the slow renderer I'm loving almost every other aspect of 2019.
    Yup. Happened to me this evening. I save in Modeler & think it's updated in Layout, but it actually hasn't. So when you then save again in Layout, whatever you did in Modeler is GONE.

That's actually a pretty F#%^*ingly SERIOUS issue Newtek!

Kinda 'splains the memory issue too in a way. But now that I'm aware of it... Jeez.

Thanks for the confirm Tim.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

yes..I do experience issues as well.
    its not working smoothly as 2015 did.