Thread: AJA Kumo control with Tricaster (mini/TC1/460)

AJA Kumo control with Tricaster (mini/TC1/460)

I have a number of different Tricasters around campus. Im very close to purchasing a Kumo 16x16 router. I have seen a few posts mention that the Tricaster can control the router. Does anyone have a link or any docs that they know about or have that speak to the process of setting that up? I'm looking for more info on the integration of the two. Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by hockettmatt View Post
    I have a number of different Tricasters around campus. Im very close to purchasing a Kumo 16x16 router. I have seen a few posts mention that the Tricaster can control the router. Does anyone have a link or any docs that they know about or have that speak to the process of setting that up? I'm looking for more info on the integration of the two. Thanks all
    Information can be found on page 19 of the user guide.
    http://new.tk/TCAE3manual

There should be an entry in the router_setup.xml file for the AJA Kumo, just copy and paste it into the correct spot and update the IP. The AJA Kumo is probably ones of the easiest routers to get working with the TriCaster.

If the router outputs to TriCaster inputs aren't connected 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc, then there is another section of the xml file where you can setup what router ports are connected to which TriCaster inputs. Label from the Kumo will show up in the TriCaster which is nice as well.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane!