Thread: New movie I animated "ASSIMILATE"

New movie I animated "ASSIMILATE"

I animated the monsters in this movie: the particle creatures and what they merge into, the crab creatures for this low budget/no budget movie. We did the work at Flash Film Works about two years ago and they finally got a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post

I animated the monsters in this movie: the particle creatures and what they merge into, the crab creatures for this low budget/no budget movie. We did the work at Flash Film Works about two years ago and they finally got a distributor.
    That looks pretty sick. Congrats! Will it reach NetFlix?

Can't see much in the trailer but what we can see looks great! Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    Can't see much in the trailer but what we can see looks great! Nice job!
    Yes they are teasing in the trailer (good move).

Quote Originally Posted by glw View Post
    That looks pretty sick. Congrats! Will it reach NetFlix?
    I guess. The FX super who worked on it (and fell asleep in our meetings) said "I don't know where this is going." AKA what is the market/distribution of this thing? My boss did the work for free as a favor to get work on the movie GEOSTORM, then they made endless demands and redos (including making a not at all fat actress even thinner). We ended up not getting the additional work because they accused us of being "unprofessional" even though the FX super fell asleep in meetings and even nodded off when I would working on a shot in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post
    I guess. The FX super who worked on it (and fell asleep in our meetings) said "I don't know where this is going." AKA what is the market/distribution of this thing? My boss did the work for free as a favor to get work on the movie GEOSTORM, then they made endless demands and redos (including making a not at all fat actress even thinner). We ended up not getting the additional work because they accused us of being "unprofessional" even though the FX super fell asleep in meetings and even nodded off when I would working on a shot in front of him.
    Reason number 157 why (even if I was good enough, which I'm most certainly not) I won't do 3D work professionally. The way these people get treated in the industry is just criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    Reason number 157 why (even if I was good enough, which I'm most certainly not) I won't do 3D work professionally. The way these people get treated in the industry is just criminal.
    Yeah that's what we get for being smart like Leonardo Da Vinci, being used by Hwd users/losers.

amazing work !!!!!!!!