Thread: TC-1 Skype TX stuck at "establishing call" Can't answer or disconnect

TC-1 Skype TX stuck at "establishing call" Can't answer or disconnect

Hi, this is my first post, I hope someone can help.

I have been bringing in callers through my TC-1 and Skype TX controller computer. The issue I'm having is that about 75% of the time when a call comes in, it won't answer. It shows "establishing call", and sticks there. In addition, I can't disconnect to try again. It just sticks at "establishing call". About one in four times it answers like it should. Sometimes it will answer like it should three or four times in a row, then will stick repeatedly for ten times. Rebooting might help. It's hard to tell. After reboot I usually get one call to connect but most of the time the second call sticks.

The only way to unstick the call is to go into the input on the TC-1 and switch that input from the stuck Skype channel to any other input, then switch it back. Then that Skype channel is free to try again.

Drivers, software on both the TC-1 and controller computer have been updated.

This issue has persisted since the TC-1 was new a year ago. But seems to be getting worse.
    Also, I am renting a second TC-1 and have a second controller computer, which have been doing the same exact thing.

I hope someone has some insight on what this might be.

Thank you,

What version are your Skype TX channels at? This appears at the top of the channel listing in Skype TX Control. Also what version of Skype TX Control are you running?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kanep,
    Channel V2.17.1031.1
    Controller 2.19.505.1
    Last edited by shane71; 06-25-2019 at 09:17 PM.

You need to update the channels, 2.17 version is older. Current should be 2019.11.1.8

In Skype TX control there is a button at the bottom of the channels (arrow pointing down). Click on that and perform the update. Sometimes you need to wait for a little while for Skype TX to notice that an update is available.

After you perform the channel update (you need to do this for each Skype channel), exit out of the Live Desktop, then start your session again. Skype TX will be updated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkypeTXChannelUpdate.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	286.3 KB 
ID:	145319
    Last edited by kanep; 06-25-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Wow, that seems to have fixed it. Too easy! Thanks!
    I would have thought that because I just reinstalled advanced edition on my TC-1 and just installed the latest Skype TX on my controller computer that everything would have been up to date. Thats what I get for thinking! Thanks for your help!

The Skype channels do get updated from time to time as with TriCaster software updates, but overall these channel updates come form Microsoft and are released on their own schedule.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.