Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poser 11 Pro (with LW PoserFusion plugin) new owner and sales

And here is some good news about the progress of the Poser 11 Pro updates. The dev team is being hired and so on. First issue being worked on is the licensing system: https://www.renderosity.com/heres-wh...g-on-cms-21552

A CEO interview has more details about the future of Poser: https://www.renderosity.com/whats-ne...oate-cms-21578

Some of the info:

What are the short-term plans for Poser?
    From now thru mid-October, we are hyper-focused on putting out a bridge-release that adapts Poser to Bondware's license management system, product download system, etc.

In parallel, we are adding to our dev team, creating a beta testing team and seeking advice from previous Poser team members, contributors and community members to construct a product roadmap for the future.

The new dev log states that the 11.2 update will be released mid september with a new licensing system (someone asked in here about it): https://www.renderosity.com/3-things...ment-cms-21664

Some more info here, looks like after 16th of september the 11.1 version may stop working and the 11.2 is a must.
    https://www.renderosity.com/poser-up...lead-cms-21677

To be honest, I think there are better options these days unless you really need to go back & forth between Poser & Lightwave animation for some reason.

Fusion was always a bit klunky I thought. But the past couple versions of Poser, I kept finding basic things broken, such as simply trying to save out a PSD file w/ an alpha & having it crash. Stuff that I reported to Tech Support, got noted & then ignored & never fixed. Since Daz Studio 4.10 though, bringing Poser assets directly into it is as easy as opening Daz items. I can then just save it as a Daz scene. With FBX export, I get an FK rig & morphs, but there are other options depending on what's needed.

Bottom line, I see no reason to continue with Poser. Pretty sure any new content will be for both Poser & Daz, & I really only use Daz Studio to migrate things into Lightwave.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Hey Ja3rk,

I've never experienced the error you're talking about with the PSDs and Alphas. I do most of my compositing in After effects and never had an issue using Alphas. The biggest issue I had with Poser Fusion was back in the 2012 version where it would set the Blending Mode for the texture files to Multiply instead of Normal. But they fixed that in the next version.

Let me ask you this, can you export only the Bones from DAZ to Lightwave via FBX? That would come in handy.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    Hey Ja3rk,

I've never experienced the error you're talking about with the PSDs and Alphas. I do most of my compositing in After effects and never had an issue using Alphas. The biggest issue I had with Poser Fusion was back in the 2012 version where it would set the Blending Mode for the texture files to Multiply instead of Normal. But they fixed that in the next version.

Let me ask you this, can you export only the Bones from DAZ to Lightwave via FBX? That would come in handy.

Thanks,
    Can't remember the specifics on the alpha thing now (had something to do with disabling the Ground & crashing Poser I think) but that was a few years back. I could get around the problem; just yet another annoyance. Mostly using Poser for its wonderful Sketch mode, but now I've Topaz Studio.

Been trying to figure the bones only export thing out too & so far no luck. Haven't explored 2019's new FBX importer yet either. Can't seem to get the export in Daz to ignore hidden nodes either, but that may be partially due to Daz's goofy Scene editor.

I've actually had some really promising results just chucking FBX (since I have to get rid of the hier and wt maps anyway) & working with RHiggit on an OBJ. Next step is to get comfortable using that in conjunction with 3rd Powers Paint Weights. The really hidden thing about that is that this might be a path for bringing LAMH animals with fur into LW and be animatable!

In fact, here's something I've been dabbling with lately. Gold Andy is a Poser character originally, brought into Daz so I could exported via FBX2014 to retain the face morphs, but otherwise re-rigged with RHigghit2. This gives me full IK/FK options where desired & that awkward step out of the pod isn't something most would to willingly do with FK only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Actually, I think we ARE in Kansas.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	596.0 KB 
ID:	145819

Cap'n Annie is still just FK as I need to still fully figure out wt. mapping issue to get clothing, hair, etc. to work properly.

M.

Thanks!

One thing I like about Poser Pro 11 is in the FBX exporter, You can export an animation sequence with just the bones. As you probably know, when you open a poser scene in Lightwave, it does not import the bones, it's just like an MDD file. By exporting the bones via FBX, you can have the bones follow the poser figure exactly and parent things to the hands or head that you could not do before.

I still can't rig in Lightwave after years of trying, but if you want to rig, if you export the poser figure in the T-Pose, then export the bones, they'll be in exactly the right position for rigging.

FYI, when you import the FBX file Poser created into your Layout scene, it will ask for an import size ratio. It defaults to 100%, but you want to use .3815. This will make the bones exactly the right size to either rig or follow the poser figure.

Thanks for the info and great picture!

I've had Poser 11 Pro for several years from Smith Micro. How do I go about updating the software. Do I need to pay again for it or can I get the new beta free. I need to have this answered since I am currently working on a project using it and Lightwave 3D.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    I've had Poser 11 Pro for several years from Smith Micro. How do I go about updating the software. Do I need to pay again for it or can I get the new beta free. I need to have this answered since I am currently working on a project using it and Lightwave 3D.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    You should probably ask this question over in the Renderosity Poser Pro official forums; Renderosity are the ones who purchased Poser Pro.

Renderosity Poser Pro official forum

Poser 11 and 11.1 should still work for a few more weeks. Then you need to upgrade to 11.2 for free to get the license to work. Check post 18 and 19 links above for preview info.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the key quote: We have targeted mid-September to launch the Poser 11.2 bridge release and tentative cut-over of the new license management system.

Poser 11.2 update has been released now, includes new content of 8GB worth over 100$. New license system, the old version does not work now. Must upgrade, but you do get a gorilla for free

https://magazine.renderosity.com/art...of-new-content

there is no sanctuary....
    For those interested, if you made sure you had a copy of the Poser 11 Fusion for LW installer, it works with the 11.2 version.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.1 x64
    Space Navigator

I have poser pro 11, but personally I prefer daz studio.
    Poser has never been very user friendly in my opinion.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    Poser 11.2 update has been released now, includes new content of 8GB worth over 100$. New license system, the old version does not work now. Must upgrade, but you do get a gorilla for free

https://magazine.renderosity.com/art...of-new-content
    Snagged everything finally, but it sort of irked me that the new content has to be d/led & installed manually rather than using the new Download Manager. Fortunately there's an Extract from Zip item in the Poser menu, but still...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast