Thread: What cable do u recomand?

What cable do u recomand?

What cable do u recomand for live events for NDI? I just find this https://www.canford.co.uk/CANFORD-CA...tor-Deployable
    Here is writing in MHZ, anybody knows a 4K or 1080i signal how much mhz can have? I saw 4K is working with 250 mbps and 1080i with 100 mbps, but how to convert mbps to mhz to see over 100m what is the resistence?
    Last edited by kencee; 06-20-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Typically, for Ethernet cable we speak as to what maximum speed you can get out of it and what the maximum length can be. CAT6 supports up to 10GbE at up to ~35 meters, where as CAT6a supports 10GbE Ethernet at 100 meters.

If you using 1GbE Ethernet, CAT6 is all you need for up to 100 meter operation at full speed.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

But if i use cat 6a, can i run gigabit signal more then 100m? I dont find this anywhere....

The official 'max' for any copper Ethernet cable is 100 meters, doesn't matter if it is CAT 5E or CAT 6A. The improvements in the category of cable is to allow higher speeds with less cross-talk issues. It is possible that it longer cable runs could work, but it is also possible that it might not go as long if there is a lot of EMI in the area.

If you are pushing up to the 100 meter distance or need to go longer, I'd recommend going with a fiber Ethernet run instead of copper. Another option is to put a Ethernet switch in middle of a long copper run which will act like a repeater.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

But u can tell me on how many MHZ is running the gigabit connection? I find a cat5e with max 350mhz 44db loss and one with cat6 max 250mhz 38db loss, wich could i buy?

You only need 100MHz for Gigabit speed. Cable that is rated higher *might* be better cable, but gigabit is only going to use it up to 100MHz.

Keep in mind that there are other factors between CAT5e and CAT6 cable beyond just the MHz rating (the number of twists per inch and cross-talk performance). Overall, despite the higher MHz rating of some CAT5e cable, I'd still recommend going CAT6 or CAT6a as a better way to future proof.

Here is a bit more info on all of this.
    https://www.cablewholesale.com/suppo...tz_madness.php
    Last edited by kanep; 06-21-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Last edited by kencee; 06-22-2019 at 01:34 AM.

I'd go with CAT6 cable. Although for gigabit networking either will work for your needs, CAT6 is designed to allow some operation of 10GbE (at limited lengths) if you should go that way in the future.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank u! I want only to use for live events like concerts, all my cameras will be connected to ethernet switch and Tricaster. I will not have another equipments in the switch. This will be only on the field.
    Last edited by kencee; 06-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.