Thread: Newtek PTZ Camera

Newtek PTZ Camera

I have plugged in my Newtek PTZ camera to the same switch as my tricaster. However, the camera does not appear as an NDI option. Is there an alternate way to check the camera settings. I notice a USB port on the camera. Can the camera settings be adjusted using this port? I suspect the camera settings may have been changed.

Don Piper

Not to be unhelpful, but genuinely asking: was there not a card in the box for the PTZ1 with a link to the website offering docs, which includes initial setup?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not to be unhelpful, but genuinely asking: was there not a card in the box for the PTZ1 with a link to the website offering docs, which includes initial setup?
    Yes, however, I don't see any option of making camera adjustments without the camera online.

Don Piper

I believe the docs explain how to connect to the camera when it doesn't appear, for one of several reasons.

Here's one quote: "Important Note: Connect your Ethernet cable before connecting power to NDI-PTZ1. If the camera cannot obtain an IP address from your DHCP server, it automatically switches to a static IP address. If this happens inadvertently, refer to Section 2.7.1 of the manual to access the default static IP address, and connect to the camera in a peer-to-peer network configuration to re-enable DHCP."
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")