Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deep Rising FX 2.5 sneak peak plus Liberty 3D Group Buy-in plus more!

Quote Originally Posted by Wireframex View Post
    Tried Deep Rising FX 2.5 and my CPU is far powerfull in simulate than my GPU 1080.

Regards
    Phil
    Just loading and looking at the sample scenes, I too thought the CPU was faster than the GPU.
    I allowed the sim to continue and found that the GPU gets quicker and quicker the more frames you let it sim, speeding up.
    The GPU starts off fast and get slower and slower the more particles emitted.

Is the FX studio part of this buy-in?

I downloaded DeepFX 2.5 and installed following the included instructions. . The menu tabs open up and license appears to be found correctly. I have some observations and questions.

1. I gather the manual still needs to be updated for 2.5? For instance the manual mentions to move 3 or 4 (I forget since I'm not at my workstation atm) DLL files to the LW Bin folder but the 2.5 Dependancies folder contains only 2 DLL files.

2. In Layout I made a tab and added the three DR (Domain, Sorting, and Meshing I believe they were) plugins to the menu tree as suggested in the manual. However the search on "DR" brings up a boatload of plugins. Should I just add them all? If so, is there perhaps a suggested grouping of menus to maintain based on particular plugin functions?

I haven't examined any of the included example files yet so perhaps things will become clearer once I do.
    TIA.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Is the group purchase already completed?

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Contact Liberty 3D ([email protected]) as soon as possible.

Already. How many people are involved at this moment?

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Applications closed on the 1st July, so it is officially over. Emails with instructions on how to pay went out yesterday. I got my copy and license last night and hope to get it installed later today. You could still contact Liberty 3D as Continuum has suggested, the worst that can happen is they say 'Sorry, it's finished'....but no harm in asking
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
    I downloaded DeepFX 2.5 and installed following the included instructions. . The menu tabs open up and license appears to be found correctly. I have some observations and questions.

1. I gather the manual still needs to be updated for 2.5? For instance the manual mentions to move 3 or 4 (I forget since I'm not at my workstation atm) DLL files to the LW Bin folder but the 2.5 Dependancies folder contains only 2 DLL files.

2. In Layout I made a tab and added the three DR (Domain, Sorting, and Meshing I believe they were) plugins to the menu tree as suggested in the manual. However the search on "DR" brings up a boatload of plugins. Should I just add them all? If so, is there perhaps a suggested grouping of menus to maintain based on particular plugin functions?

I haven't examined any of the included example files yet so perhaps things will become clearer once I do.
    TIA.
    Deep_Rising_Menu.zip

Here is a menu config file to setup the menus.

Quote Originally Posted by ELinder View Post
    Phil, was it using more than one core?

Erich
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_FX.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	145378

It seems not
    Regards
    Phil
    Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 Cores - 64 Threads / 2 x GTX 1080 + 1 GTX 1070 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2019 & Softimage user

Quote Originally Posted by Wireframex View Post

Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	145378

It seems not
    Regards
    Phil
    I will be posting v2.5.1 shortly, threading wasn't fully enabled. Will be available in the Deep FX World portal, and an email will be sent out.
    Last edited by darkChief; 07-03-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    I will be posting v2.5.1 shortly, threading wasn't fully enabled. Will be available in the Deep FX World portal, and an email will be sent out.
    Ok thanks
    Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 Cores - 64 Threads / 2 x GTX 1080 + 1 GTX 1070 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2019 & Softimage user

Deep Rising FX v2.5.1 is now available. Demo version has also been updated. That should fix threading issues.

Deep Rising FX v2.5.1 is now available. Demo version has also been updated. That should fix threading issues.

Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	145382

This is far better now

Perfect timing! I'm just getting around to installing and using 2.5 this morning....and then I see this new update!

Thank you, Mambo! Keep up the great work!

hope to see users posting 1 or 2 HUGE sims.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    hope to see users posting 1 or 2 HUGE sims.
    May be a while from me. My 'old' LW PC is having a few problems that I need to resolve before I can get back to playing with Deep Rising FX on its replacement. Like its owner it is having a few memory problems along with a new problem with the visible image it can display
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast