Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Rising FX 2.5 sneak peak plus Liberty 3D Group Buy-in plus more!

Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    If you already have a license of Deep Rising FX, you are entitled to a free license of Deep FX Studio until 2020.

If you do not have a Deep Rising FX license, Deep FX Studio is available at an early access discount while there is a beta running.
    Many thanks for the clarification

...and just to remind people, the Liberty 3D Buy-in deadline is 12:01AM PST July 1st, 2019. I just sent off an email so I'm officially in on it.
    Last edited by Qexit; 06-30-2019 at 05:21 AM.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

NewTek should hire you.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    NewTek should hire you.
    Thanks for the consideration.

Deep Rising FX 2.5 is now officially available. The demo has also been updated. Existing users can find the update through the customer portal.

https://www.liberty3d.com/2019/06/de...rising-fx-2-5/

I know it was just released, but I have a couple of basic questions about the 2.5 demo. I'm running it on a 10 core iMac Pro under Windows 10 bootcamp. The solver only seems to use one of my 10 cores. There is also no option to pick the GPU as a compute device, only cpu is listed. Should the GPU be automatically used? Because mine is not, only the single core at full speed.

How is the foam generator invoked? I've lowered a sample scene particle emitter to below the 8000 limit and 120 frames, and run the simulation. When I bring up the foam solver, it says it needs a different destination cache, so I create a new fluid cache in the Domain, and re-run the main solver. I go back to the foam panel pick the fluid cache and the new destination cache, and now the foam generator says no velocity info found, skipping frame, and it stops. Analyse kinetic energy mode has the same result.
    Last edited by ELinder; 07-01-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Deep Rising FX 2.5 Liberty 3D Buy-in

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    the Liberty 3D Buy-in deadline is 12:01AM PST July 1st, 2019.
    Have the emails been sent out for this?
    I'm waiting to hear still.

Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    Have the emails been sent out for this?
    I'm waiting to hear still.
    I have received an email confirming that I am in the Buy-in but no information on the final price or request for payment yet.
    Kevin F Stubbs

I have received an email confirming that I am in the Buy-in but no information on the final price or request for payment yet.
    Thank you Qexit. I have not received any emails confirming I am in the buy-in...
    Lets see what today brings.

Quote Originally Posted by ELinder View Post
    I know it was just released, but I have a couple of basic questions about the 2.5 demo. I'm running it on a 10 core iMac Pro under Windows 10 bootcamp. The solver only seems to use one of my 10 cores. There is also no option to pick the GPU as a compute device, only cpu is listed. Should the GPU be automatically used? Because mine is not, only the single core at full speed.

How is the foam generator invoked? I've lowered a sample scene particle emitter to below the 8000 limit and 120 frames, and run the simulation. When I bring up the foam solver, it says it needs a different destination cache, so I create a new fluid cache in the Domain, and re-run the main solver. I go back to the foam panel pick the fluid cache and the new destination cache, and now the foam generator says no velocity info found, skipping frame, and it stops. Analyse kinetic energy mode has the same result.
    OpenCL determines which GPU you can pick, if nothing is found then OpenCL has failed to detect OpenCL device. The device should automatically appear on the drop down menu.

All the solvers are multi threaded. Just checked multiple cores are being used on my machine.

Only .bgeo files have velocity data I believe. So make sure you're using a .bgeo file.

Tip: If no foam is generated, use the analyzer. The energy determines if foam is generated. The potential is a value of 0-1 (0-100%). You may need to lower the minimum and maximum potential energy. Then use the air and wave potentials to tune stuff. But most of the time you only need to touch the energy and number of particles values.

Are you using the new 2.5 version?

Task manager definitely only shows one core in use. My Radeon Pro Vega 64 video driver definitely shows OpenCL. I’ve also tried it with and without the OpenCL dll he provides, but it’s still not seeing the gpu.

I’ll give that a try for the foam generation.

Thanks

Tried Deep Rising FX 2.5 and my CPU is far powerfull in simulate than my GPU 1080.

Regards
    Phil
    Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 Cores - 64 Threads / 2 x GTX 1080 + 1 GTX 1070 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2019 & Softimage user

Phil, was it using more than one core?

Erich

Quote Originally Posted by sellis View Post
    Thank you Qexit. I have not received any emails confirming I am in the buy-in...
    Lets see what today brings.
    I just received an email from Support at DeepFXWorld that included a Group Buy In discount code to be used at the DeepFX site. I will be using it to buy my copy of Deep Rising FX 2.5 shortly and look forward to giving it a whirl. You might want to check your email for something similar.
    Kevin F Stubbs

I just paid for my group buy-in of DeepFX. I look forward to playing with it after DL'ing and when I get time to install it.

Thanks for this opportunity!
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I just received an email from Support at DeepFXWorld that included a Group Buy In discount code to be used at the DeepFX site. I will be using it to buy my copy of Deep Rising FX 2.5 shortly and look forward to giving it a whirl. You might want to check your email for something similar.
    Just got home and...... I have the buy-in email waiting for me. Bought and now waiting for download links.
    Thank you to DeepFXWorld and Liberty3D for this opportunity.

Cheers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast