Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Rising FX 2.5 sneak peak plus Liberty 3D Group Buy-in plus more!

Deep Rising FX 2.5 sneak peak plus Liberty 3D Group Buy-in plus more!

Hey,

Just a quick update for all relevant and interested parties. Deep Rising FX will be getting a free update (final feature update for this version) in the coming months. This release mainly focuses on optimizations and a hotly requested feature, foam/ white water generation. The foam generator is a state of the art physically based solution that tries to simulate the formation of white water in fluids. All that's needed is a fluid cache with position and velocity data. The Euphorik solver has also become massively more memory efficient. Previously, it would take giga bytes of data to simulate anything close to a million particles (CPU mode), now it can use same the memory to simulate between 5 - 10 million particles.

And Liberty 3D is running a group buy-in for new customers (update is free for existing users of v2.0):

https://www.liberty3d.com/2019/05/de...-in-plus-more/

Thanks Mabo and wait to see this inside LW.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

That looks great! If I didn't have Real Flow already, I'd would have bought this long ago. I still might. I've invested a lot of time and money into Real Flow, but it still have some quirks.

Can I ask, you can see the particles in your video, but do you use Hypervoxels or something similar in 2018-2019 for rendering?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
    That looks great! If I didn't have Real Flow already, I'd would have bought this long ago. I still might. I've invested a lot of time and money into Real Flow, but it still have some quirks.

Can I ask, you can see the particles in your video, but do you use Hypervoxels or something similar in 2018-2019 for rendering?

Thanks,
    If you mean the red and blue particles, that's just the viewport OpenGL cache preview. You can customize the cache colors. You can also attach a LW particle system to the cache. Meaning you can use hyper voxels and instancing.

Thanks for the update, darkChief !
    I still use RealFlow for fluid simulations but, since DeepFX seems to become more and more mature, I hope this will change
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Go with the flow, A lovely coding update Mambo well done!

Looking good Darkchief.
    Hopefully, will also be picking up a license soon.

this is great !!!! and well done ^^ just one thing the impact maybe softer instead of shooting so high up resulting in more realistic simulation. foam looks really nice.

In the rendered video, the foam doesn't seem to "rise to the surface" as expected. Is that just an aspect of that rendered test scene, or an actual limitation of the simulation engine itself? If the latter, what workarounds are there (if any)?

It looks great, BTW, looks like you did a great job with the upcoming release!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Looks very promising. But as jwiede pointed out... some of the foam particles doesn't rise to the top.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    In the rendered video, the foam doesn't seem to "rise to the surface" as expected. Is that just an aspect of that rendered test scene, or an actual limitation of the simulation engine itself? If the latter, what workarounds are there (if any)?

It looks great, BTW, looks like you did a great job with the upcoming release!
    Thanks.

There is some stuck in the corner and the sides but that's a simple collision detection problem (a little far to be advected properly). Easily fixed with increasing the collision margin. Otherwise there is buoyancy, the foam rises. Unless you're seeing something I am not?
    Last edited by darkChief; 06-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.

One, hopefully, quick question. What is the difference between the 'early beta access with a license for Deep FX Studio until 2020' and the Deep FX Studio Indie Early Access Discount license for $99 currently available on the Deep FX site ?
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Wow, this looks very promising, DarkChief! As always, great work, and I'm looking forward to the next next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    One, hopefully, quick question. What is the difference between the 'early beta access with a license for Deep FX Studio until 2020' and the Deep FX Studio Indie Early Access Discount license for $99 currently available on the Deep FX site ?
    If you already have a license of Deep Rising FX, you are entitled to a free license of Deep FX Studio until 2020.

If you do not have a Deep Rising FX license, Deep FX Studio is available at an early access discount while there is a beta running.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast