Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deep Rising FX 2.5 sneak peak plus Liberty 3D Group Buy-in plus more!

Sims are going to take time even with a very fast system, but indeed i hope to see some innovative approaches to fluid sims.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Signal to Noise View Post
    I downloaded DeepFX 2.5 and installed following the included instructions. . The menu tabs open up and license appears to be found correctly. I have some observations and questions.

1. I gather the manual still needs to be updated for 2.5? For instance the manual mentions to move 3 or 4 (I forget since I'm not at my workstation atm) DLL files to the LW Bin folder but the 2.5 Dependancies folder contains only 2 DLL files.

2. In Layout I made a tab and added the three DR (Domain, Sorting, and Meshing I believe they were) plugins to the menu tree as suggested in the manual. However the search on "DR" brings up a boatload of plugins. Should I just add them all? If so, is there perhaps a suggested grouping of menus to maintain based on particular plugin functions?

I haven't examined any of the included example files yet so perhaps things will become clearer once I do.
    TIA.
    I didn't get in on the group buy as I wanted to check out the demo on new system first.

Got it installed & the PDF mentions a menu branch. No menu branches with the demo zip.

Extracted the demo scenes & loaded the Basic one. Sim runs pretty fast. Let's look at another one.

80,000 limit on Demo version. Please Purchase to use this feature. Hmmm. Try another one.

80,000 limit on Demo version.

Come on folk! Really? What's the point of having Demo scenes if ya can't run them with the Demo version???

And yes, the manual's pretty anemic. Found some vids on Youtube so will review them.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Got it installed & the PDF mentions a menu branch. No menu branches with the demo zip.
    Dark Chief has posted the menu branch as a downloadable zip file on the previous page of this thread. 7th post down the page.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

I found the provided cfg file equally unintuitive. It loads like four menu bars which are greyed out. I then had to go add the plugins manually. I ended up opening the cfg file in notepad to see what it should include under each menu heading. Still not completely sure I've got things set up right.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Dark Chief has posted the menu branch as a downloadable zip file on the previous page of this thread. 7th post down the page.
    Thanks Kevin. Finally found it. It's the 37th post.

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1573898

Even so, he can't update the zip file?
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

So, this was my first time purchasing a plug-in and I have a quick question. Is the installation limited to 1 copy of LightWave / 1 computer?
    I installed it on both 2015.3 and 2019.0.3 and it still works fine on 2019.0.3 but stopped working on 2015.3 and will not install on 2019.1.
    Last edited by AnimeJoex; 07-16-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeJoex View Post
    So, this was my first time purchasing a plug-in and I have a quick question. Is the installation limited to 1 copy of LightWave / 1 computer?
    I installed it on both 2015.3 and 2019.0.3 and it still works fine on 2019.0.3 but stopped working on 2015.3 and will not install on 2019.1.
    As far as I know, it should be fine. While I haven't tried to install it on earlier versions of LW, I have it installed and working on LW2019.0.3 and LW2019.1 on the same PC. The installation isn't as straightforward as it could be so it is possible you've missed a step, e.g. have you copied the dependency DLLs needed into the LW2019.1 bin folder ?
    Kevin F Stubbs

Hmm, I did install 2019.1 last night and Deep Rising FX 2.5.1 is installed and running. I'd manually add it to 2019.1 you might be trying to load the 2015 version plugin into the 2019.1 which won't work. Try copying the 2019.0.3 .p file into the 2019.1 plugin directory and also the deepfx .dll files (deep_tbb.dll and dfx_assimp.dll) that have to go in the 2019/bin files.

It was part human error and part mysterious "WTF??" system glitch perhaps.

Finally got it installed and working on 2015.3 and 2019.1. I've been running LightWave on a Surface Go and it's been pretty smooth sailing for the most part. I originally installed Deep Rising FX 2.5.1 on 2019.03 and 2015.3 and ran simulations on them side by side without any issues. But then when I launched 2015.3 yesterday, all of the Deep Rising menus were greyed out and inaccessible. 2019.0.3 was still working fine maybe because that's where I spent most of my time and never closed it. Tried reinstalling it to 2015.3 and nothing happened. Rebooted the computer today after it became a bit sluggish across the board and I was able to successfully get Deep Rising running on 2015.3 and install it on 2019.1.

The human error parts comes from my first attempt to install it on 2019.1. I was so caught up in all of the excitement of a new LightWave update that I completely forgot to copy the dll files over to the 2019.1 bin folder. Moron, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeJoex View Post
    It was part human error and part mysterious "WTF??" system glitch perhaps.

Finally got it installed and working on 2015.3 and 2019.1. I've been running LightWave on a Surface Go and it's been pretty smooth sailing for the most part. I originally installed Deep Rising FX 2.5.1 on 2019.03 and 2015.3 and ran simulations on them side by side without any issues. But then when I launched 2015.3 yesterday, all of the Deep Rising menus were greyed out and inaccessible. 2019.0.3 was still working fine maybe because that's where I spent most of my time and never closed it. Tried reinstalling it to 2015.3 and nothing happened. Rebooted the computer today after it became a bit sluggish across the board and I was able to successfully get Deep Rising running on 2015.3 and install it on 2019.1.

The human error parts comes from my first attempt to install it on 2019.1. I was so caught up in all of the excitement of a new LightWave update that I completely forgot to copy the dll files over to the 2019.1 bin folder. Moron, LOL!
    With regard to the Mysterious system glitch, it sounds an awful like a Windows 10 patch downloading and doing a partial install...but without actually telling you as it is want to do. When I get oddball glitches these days the first thing I do is check the Windows Update and Security Panel to see what it has been up to. As for the human error bit...been there, done something similar myself more times than I care to think about Anyway, good to know you've now got it all installed and running.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Deep Rising FX 2.5.2 is now available. This is the first in a series of bug releases that will run parallel to v3.0 development (no road map for that yet). As bugs are squashed updates will be posted, so please be patient.

FX 2.5.2 Fixes
    ---------------

- Bullet Convex Hull Decomposition was broken during the update. Fixed now. Now multi-iphysics should be back to normal.
    - Random crashes when saving particle sequences to disk. Fixed now.

System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

https://www.deepfxworld.com

Thanks for the update. But I noticed that there was a problem with editing the parameters of a set of objects (I am working on rigid dynamics). I have about several hundred objects (nuts) and I cannot assign the same parameters to all of them at the same time, and manually editing the parameters is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Thanks for the update. But I noticed that there was a problem with editing the parameters of a set of objects (I am working on rigid dynamics). I have about several hundred objects (nuts) and I cannot assign the same parameters to all of them at the same time, and manually editing the parameters is too long.
    Which parameters specifically?

I am trying to change the static parameter to kinetics for objects.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    I am trying to change the static parameter to kinetics for objects.
    Okay thanks, looking at it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234