Thread: Comp sizes and adjustments

Comp sizes and adjustments

I got a graphic from our minister and he wants to do a 3 way interview using our cameras.

I have tried to adjust each camera to give it this type of look but they seem to be either steached or squeezed in the screen.

Attached is a copy of the pic.

I need help in the X and Y adjustment to get the right look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comp-example.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	145178

Thanks for the help

Jeff

What model TriCaster? Depends on how many layers and keyers you can get in the M/E on your model, you should be able to scale to the size needed, then use the crop tools fit the image into the rectangle shape.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane,

We have a 460 AE2 with the latest updates. I can find the position area but do not see anything that says crop. Where is the comp tool as I can find the scale tool.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkerry211 View Post
    Kane,

We have a 460 AE2 with the latest updates. I can find the position area but do not see anything that says crop. Where is the comp tool as I can find the scale tool.
    Look for the 'edges' values. That should adjust the boundaries of the shots.
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by jkerry211 View Post
    Kane,

I show the COMPS feature in this video.
    https://youtu.be/qgPMkVofC8E?t=376
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane,

Found the crop information. But it seems I am still doing something wrong. I setup a camera in the M/Es. Camera 1 M/E-1 etc to M/E-3. Had a graphic for the background. All on the live control section line. When I started with the ME-1, was able to see the camera crop, but could not get it to show up in the output window. This was also with the M/E2 and 3. Can not get them to come up in the preview windows in order to set up the comps.
    I can only get the comps in the lower control section. And it will not let me see the crop cameras on the top lines.

Jeff

Here's how I would do it. Pick an M/E, any M/E and put it on PGM to see what you are doing. In that M/E tab, load the normal 2 layer effect. In your B row, select your background graphic source. In the A row, place your left video source. In the M/E KEY1, select your middle source. In the M/E KEY2, select your right-most source. Make sure the TAKE button is not lit for your M/E KEYS, so you can see what you are doing. On the far left, hit the positioner for the A row. Adjust your position, scale and edge crop appropriately and make note of the scale, y position and crop settings. Now, go in and make sure the TAKE button is lit for both of your M/E KEYERS. Then go in to the positioner for each of those and copy the scale, y position and crop values into each of the keyers. You'll want to adjust the X position of the KEY2 layer over to the right to get it into position. The KEY1 X position should probably just be 0 still. That should do what you need to do all in one M/E. I wouldn't dink around with COMPS until you've got the basic effect worked out. COMPS would let you animate it from position to position later.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Thanks Kris, will give it a try Tuesday when I am back in front of the system.

Want to thanks all for the advise. Got the crop and comp working. But one more question. When I put a boarder around the video it does not follow the size of the video. If I use the crop the boarder stays the same size with the video small inside the boarder. How do I get the boarder to follow the size of the video.

Jeff

Re: Borders, there are two permutations. In older software versions, a given border has a fixed aspect, as you are seeing. (That's why there are square and rectangular versions for each border style.)

In the newer version, a border's aspect conforms to the video source. This change was made by request, but - since the borders are actually bitmap files - can result in the borders being thinner on one axis than on the other.

In either case, when the video source is an oddball aspect and the border just doesn't 'look right', you can always create your own.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")