Thread: TC410 Plus vs. TC1 - Comparison chart?

TC410 Plus vs. TC1 - Comparison chart?

Is there some sort of chart comparing the differences/similarities between the TC410 Plus and TC1. Besides 4k, what are some of the other differences?

410 Plus vs TC1 has:

8 inputs vs 16
    1 Skype channel vs 2
    1x3TB internal hard drive vs 2x3TB
    2 SDI OUT vs 4 SDI OUT (the 2 SDI outputs on 410 Plus are each pairs, 2x2 SDI)
    2 DSK vs 4 DSK
    MEs are 2 Layers + 2 Keyers vs 4 Layers + 4 Keyers (re-entrant on both machines)
    5 Anim Buffers vs 10
    No animated COMPs on 410 Plus (unless you add Premium Access)
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    410 Plus vs TC1 has:

8 inputs vs 16
    It should be noted that there are 8 sdi connections on 410 to the 4 on the tc1.

Also the spec sheet lists the physical and ndi inputs as separate. Does that mean it can do 8 sdi and 8 ndi?

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    It should be noted that there are 8 sdi connections on 410 to the 4 on the tc1
    I don't think that's correct. Can you provide a link? I I'd like to double check this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't think that's correct. Can you provide a link? I I'd like to double check this.
    When I said 8 inputs vs 16, I was referring to the UI switcher panel (Prog + Preview rows). Both models have same 4 SDI inputs and 4 SDI outputs - the rear panel is the same on both units.

The difference is that TC1 offers MIXes 1-4 on the 4 corresponding SDI outputs, while 410 Plus offers only the MIX 1-2 outputs but with 2 SDI ports for each (paired on SDi outs 1+3 and 2+4). Note that on 410 Plus you still get all 4 MIX outputs via NDI as with any other TriCaster, but with only the 2 physical output mixes.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

This was based on conversations I had NAB after the announcement. Seems things were lost in translation. Reading the spec sheet on the NewTek website it lists them as 8 external inputs (not specifically SDI) from there the 8 could be all NDI or a mix of NDI and the SDI (4x in?) But either way it is not to exceed a total of 8?

Jeff's description is correct, although I'm not 100% certain there are 4 unique mixed NDI outputs on 410 Plus. I'll try to check this out shortly.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Jeff's description is correct, although I'm not 100% certain there are 4 unique mixed NDI outputs on 410 Plus. I'll try to check this out shortly.
    I looked at my 410 Plus system and there are 4 unique MIX outputs available via NDI. Only MIX 1 and 2 are available via the SDI ports on the back of the unit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410UI.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	145174
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Current TriCasters with AE, including Mini, will all have 4 NDI outputs, being the 4 MIX outputs. Also, any camera physically connected to an HDMI or SDI input is also automatically available as NDI out. So on all the 4-input TriCasters (Mini, 410, 460, 410 Plus, TC1) the 4 wired inputs are also NDI outs, plus the 4 MIX outs, so that is 8 NDI outputs. Yes, there are also the 2 or 4 physical outputs on TC (depending on model) but those are duplicates of MIX outputs so do not count as "extra" outputs. 8 total.

Note sure about 860/8000 AE machines, do all 8 inputs get converted to NDI? Assuming so, adding the 4 MIX outputs to those 8 makes 12 NDI outputs. Not that you could access all 12 at once though, would likely overwhelm the network, but they are "available".

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Thanks for all the responses to my question. Does the TC410 Plus have a separate system drive (SSD)? I see system drive listed for the TC1 specs but I don't see one listed on the 410 Plus specs. Or did I miss it?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by FBokoski View Post
    Thanks for all the responses to my question. Does the TC410 Plus have a separate system drive (SSD)? I see system drive listed for the TC1 specs but I don't see one listed on the 410 Plus specs. Or did I miss it?

Thanks,
    The 410 Plus has a SSD (really M.2) card for the OS, Application and restore partition. Then there is a 3TB D: drive for sessions, media and recording.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane. So we went ahead and ordered a TC410 Plus to replace a very old 460. One thing I overlooked (and it may not ever be an issue) is the lack of a swappable drive bay on the 410 Plus. Is there space internally for a 2nd media hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by FBokoski View Post
    Thanks Kane. So we went ahead and ordered a TC410 Plus to replace a very old 460. One thing I overlooked (and it may not ever be an issue) is the lack of a swappable drive bay on the 410 Plus. Is there space internally for a 2nd media hard drive?
    There is no removable drive bay. You can use the USB3 ports on the back of the unit to connect an external drive for recording.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.