Thread: Modeler 2019 continues to eat memory

Modeler 2019 continues to eat memory

Hi,
    I have a weird trouble in modeler 2019:
    I'm working with a no heavy object, only 500k polys. Doing simple things (spin edges, merge and triple some polys), but every thing I do the modeler takes memory. I look in task manager... begins with 900MB and after a lot of things made it uses more than 8 GB (and sometimes it is very very slow to select/deselect 1 point).
    I thought the undo was the problem, so I set 3 undo in general options. No matter, it continues to eat memory. I try to made only spin edges, 1 after other, and it continues to eat memory. Tried with and without Hub... the same. To free the memory I must quit the modeler and open again.
    Tried to do the same in 2018, all is ok and it is more fast to select points and polygons (but unfortunately I can't use the 2018 because in this model I'm using smoothing groups ---sm.gr. works perfect in Octane!---).
    Anyone has this problem?

What's your OS? .
    I had a student where this was happening, 2019.0.1, I think. Upgraded to .0.3 and it went away.

As a wild thought, press m (merge points) then shift-I (merge polygons). After both commands, look to the lower left to see how many points were merged. If it's a lot, it means you are doing operations that are duplicating your points and you aren't noticing. You can get exponential numbers of points real fast this way.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

I'm om W7 and lw 2019.0.3.
    The object is ok, no points and polys duplicated. 2018 with the same object, doing the same operations, uses only 900MB, no more... I can do hundreds of operations, it doesn't change. Only 2019 fills the memory. I do only spin edges. I begin to think it is a problem of smoothing edges, but I need to test more (and the selection picking points in perspective texture mode is very very slow. Perspective wireframe is realtime).

Please use the feedback agent to file a bug report on this. Please include the content and steps that show the problems and note that the results are different between LW 2018 and LW 2019. Thanks!
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Please use the feedback agent to file a bug report on this. Please include the content and steps that show the problems and note that the results are different between LW 2018 and LW 2019. Thanks!
    Sorry Chuck, I can't include the object because I'm under NDA (a customer gave me this object and I can't share it).
    I will try with something other and I will report.
    Thank you