Thread: Any bugs with latest update release 3-1 190319

Any bugs with latest update release 3-1 190319

Hey all,

Has anyone updated to the latest version release 3-1 190319 and had any issues?

As the previous release was buggy, causing major audio issues via xlr input.

I'm hesitant to update incase of another glitch.

Do wish Newtek would report back to this forum when Bugs are fixed, so that we all can move forward with confidence with the latest update.
    The updates readme file on the download site does not reflect precisely which bugs have been resolved, only “Improvements to performance and reliability”.

Bug from Version: 3-1 190206 is persistent: When creating a new 3Play session, you can't see the session name as you're typing it in the text box.
    Once you're out of the text box, the name you typed appeared, but nothing shows up during typing.

Ongoing Bug: Signal loss from RF cameras causing recording stop/start on 3P1 and 4800. Reported in General Support.

Ongoing Bug: Still no audio crossfade during the video transition period in the Playlist. Only audio Cut.

We have rolled back to Rev 3-1 170915 (September 15, 2017).

Yeah, i'm aware of those bugs in 190206, as well as another when receiving audio via xlr input, the audio sounds 'slurred' like it's been slowed down.

I have also rolled back to 170915.

What follows is, in part, based on my best recollection - so, not swearing to it on a stack of Bibles here, but anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Editec View Post
    Bug from Version: 3-1 190206 is persistent: When creating a new 3Play session, you can't see the session name as you're typing it in the text box.
    This was reported as fixed a couple of days ago. (I didn't test it myself, but QA will have done so.)

Ongoing Bug: Signal loss from RF cameras causing recording stop/start on 3P1 and 4800. Reported in General Support.
    We've discussed this elsewhere. I think I'd agree that it's a bug IF a signal failure from one camera causes ALL recorders to stop. If only the recorder for the 'faulty' signal stops this gets complicated, and would be more a feature request than a bug case.

Ongoing Bug: Still no audio crossfade during the video transition period in the Playlist. Only audio Cut.
    I've spoken to the 3Play devs about this, and the general view was that nothing has changed in this respect (it's possible that's incorrect, but it's what people recalled without reviewing code and builds). So we're probably into feature request territory here again as opposed to a bug. (It won't be too surprising, I hope, that bugs normally take precedence in Engineering).

This said, I checked the corresponding behavior in TriCaster's DDR, and found that it does in fact do an audio crossfade during a transition. Arguably, this is a good thing, because TriCasters DDRs and 3Play's Playlist share a lot of code - so a feature request here might be seen as easier to fulfill.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")