Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me decide

Thank u. Can u tell me a link or some details if i dont get the Premium Acces, what can i use from LiveText, if is integrated, then it means i dont need to buy separate the LiveText with 995$ (The same is already in Tc1?)

Thank u for reply.
    Last edited by kencee; 06-08-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kencee View Post
    Thank u. Can u tell me a link or some details if i dont get the Premium Acces, what can i use from LiveText, if is integrated, then it means i dont need to buy separate the LiveText with 995$ (The same is already in Tc1?)
    The standalone version of LT is meant to be used externally. It allows you to create and export templates that can be used live on TriCaster, and also supports immediate display of title pages from LT over the network to a TriCaster as an NDI source with embedded transparency.

In contrast, the embedded version included with TC at no extra cost allows you to create title templates that you can use on TriCaster, but cannot itself be running at the same time as TriCaster is in live production.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Sorry, "In contrast, the embedded version included with TC at no extra cost allows you to create title templates that you can use on TriCaster, but cannot itself be running at the same time as TriCaster is in live production." i understand here, that I can not use Tricaster and LiveText in the same time (at live productions to put the graphics on the program).??
    One more question: The small control panel has media player and replay? Is the same thing what can do with TriCaster 850 TW Control Surface?

Sorry, "In contrast, the embedded version included with TC at no extra cost allows you to create title templates that you can use on TriCaster, but cannot itself be running at the same time as TriCaster is in live production." i understand here, that I can not use Tricaster and LiveText in the same time (at live productions to put the graphics on the program).??
    The LiveText included with the TriCaster is used in pre-production to create new title templates. Those templates can allow some (not all) editing of the title. Basically, you can change text, fonts, point size, text position and graphics elements that have be marked as replaceable. Things like changing colors, background elements or creating a entirely new title from scratch cannot be performed during production. If you need that level of editing, then a standalone version of LiveText running on a separate computer would be needed.

One more question: The small control panel has media player and replay? Is the same thing what can do with TriCaster 850 TW Control Surface?
    The small panel does have DDR controls on it. It doesn't have the specific 850 Timewarp control surface features like marking replays, dynamic speed playback or jogging controls. Some of those functions can be put on the small panel via macros (like marking replays), but if you are looking for dynamic speed adjustment or jogging of clips, that is something the 850 Timewarp will do better since it has physical t-bar and jog wheel controls for those functions.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank u!

Hi again! Something is not ok, this man second time tells that the Tc1 is a toy. It is fake news or not?!

[Post moderated]
    Last edited by kencee; 06-10-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Hi again! Something is not ok, this man second time tells that the Tc1 is a toy.
    As i wrote in the second thread into which you posted this link, while we welcome frank discussion from our customers - both pro and con - I'm not going to let you repeatedly spam the forum with a link that is one person's very negative opinion. However, we left your initial post on this topic (complete with link) in place for people to comment on as they individually see fit.

You should be aware of the fact that - while some might want us to post a different perspective on interactions with this customer and his problems (since there are two sides to every story) - professionalism and respect for privacy mean we will never do so. So I'll just say this - if we had extremely negative reviews from the majority of our customers over time, we'd have been out of business years ago, and this forum would be on fire. NewTek's longevity and dominance in this market testify to the fact that the general experience in the field is positive, not negative.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thank u! And i will not spam the forum, only i wanted to understand why they are not satisfied with Tc1.

only i wanted to understand why they are not satisfied with Tc1.
    I have to ask...

Did you ask them?

I have some challenged kids that can tap out the capabilities of an original TC1. What we want to do, we can. it takes a bit of patience and learning on our (my) part, but there are enough avenues to accomplish what we want.

Rent one. Use it. It's not a tool you can take anothers word for as you may find yourself better informed, and therefore capable.
    soon to update to AE3, I hope, with more tools added in our arsenal.

Thank u! And i will not spam the forum, only i wanted to understand why they are not satisfied with Tc1.
    If the video's authors failed to make it clear what they think TriCaster's shortcomings are, I don't think I can help.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

If you premake your templates, you can use Kane's Data Link Titler on another computer to change the text in your templates on the fly during a production.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Newtek ELITE partner
    Hi again! Something is not ok, this man second time tells that the Tc1 is a toy. It is fake news or not?!

[Post moderated]
    I watched the vidéo. It seems that those guys are not able to make 4 NDI + 4SDI inputs working together. They don't tell how, neither what is their workflow. It looks like they'd like to take down the TC-1 AND all newtek products, including NDI.
    In their video, no screen captures, no technical data. just some "we had a lag" "we had audio troubles".
    In my opinion, it's not with the TC-1 they have troubles.
    They feel like the "conservative old school technician" saying that the digital audio mixing consoles won't ever work, and that analog consoles will stand for a while, using a rack unit (or more) for each input. They don't get it, neither those guys.
    Today most of the anolog mixers have been replaced with digital systems and i hope that tomorrow the all in one ethernet cable will beat the coaxial one-way cable.
    TriCaster TC-1
    TC1 LP
    NC1 I/O
    Spark HDMI / SDI
    Spark Pro
    HE130 Panasonic
    PTZ1 Newtek
    Livestream Studio Station (8i/10o)
    Xkeys
    BMD atems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12