Thread: New computer canít run some games.

Newbie Member

New computer canít run some games.

I currently have a i5 8600k with an RTX 2070 and 16 gb of ram. I recently tried installing Battlefield 3 and I certainly know I should be able to run the game because I run battlefield 5 at 100 plus FPS. BF3 is a different story though, the game will run at about 15-20 FPS. The weird thing is that if I restart my pc and launch the game, the game will run at about 120 FPS for about 10-15 min and slowly gets worse and worse as I play. The GPU seems to be starting at 80% usage and slowly drops to 60, then 40, then 20 and eventually to the point where the game is unplayable. I canít think of any reason on why this would be happening. Memory leak doesnít seem likely because the ram usage is staying relatively the same.

Maybe try a games related forum.......
    This forum is dedicated to LW animation and video production.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Haha,
    I saw that and thought, "Here comes the spam..."

Hilarious question for this space.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorNoah View Post
    I currently have a i5 8600k with an RTX 2070 and 16 gb of ram. I recently tried installing Battlefield 3 and I certainly know I should be able to run the game because I run battlefield 5 at 100 plus FPS. BF3 is a different story though, the game will run at about 15-20 FPS. The weird thing is that if I restart my pc and launch the game, the game will run at about 120 FPS for about 10-15 min and slowly gets worse and worse as I play. The GPU seems to be starting at 80% usage and slowly drops to 60, then 40, then 20 and eventually to the point where the game is unplayable. I can’t think of any reason on why this would be happening. Memory leak doesn’t seem likely because the ram usage is staying relatively the same.
    There is out of memory on motherboard,
    and there is out of memory on gfx card.
    Task Manager will show you only on-motherboard memory usage.
    Year ago, I made application for Windows, which had gfx card memory leak. bitmap was created but not deleted. Supposed to be handled by garbage collection automatically, but it removed only part residing in motherboard memory, and leaved gfx card bitmap.
    After dozen minutes or hours of usage of the app, you ended up with absolute permanent catastrophe of the entire system. Only hard reset via tower button or power off button helped.