Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Camera UV

  1. #1

    Camera UV

    I want to be able to shoot UVs that match my camera projection in Layout and then be able to edit that UV map in modeler. I've been playing around with the Texture Guide tool in modeler, but I can't get the rudimentary camera in that tool to match the angle of the camera in layout.

    Can someone think of a way to create a UV map that perfectly matches the camera projection in layout?

  2. #2
    Wouldn't a card/polygon of the same size and ratio do this?
    With that in mind, couldn't you make any sized card and then change the camera to that size for output?

    Sounds like there is something else prohibiting that is not mentioned.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Wouldn't a card/polygon of the same size and ratio do this?
    With that in mind, couldn't you make any sized card and then change the camera to that size for output?

    Sounds like there is something else prohibiting that is not mentioned.

    I guess I wasn't clear. I have a hallway lined with book shelves modeled to match a photograph. The camera doesn't move in the shot, but there needs to be animated textures on the geometry. So the UV that I need to create is on a modeled scene.

    It seems to me there ought to be an option to create a new UV map for the objects in your scene based on the "layout view" viewport in modeler.

  4. #4
    Hi,

    http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?...ins&Itemid=161

    no mac version. Not sure if it works for you (didn't test it that much) and be aware that a low amount of points of the object you
    project to can lead to distortions.

    hope this helps
    chris

  5. #5
    Are you on 2018-2019? there is the perspective matching and seeing the layout camera in modeler tools that were added that ought to get you where you want.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    Hi,

    http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?...ins&Itemid=161

    no mac version. Not sure if it works for you (didn't test it that much) and be aware that a low amount of points of the object you
    project to can lead to distortions.

    hope this helps
    chris

    That is the functionality that I need, but alas I'm on a Mac.

  7. #7
    Any other ideas anyone?

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by adk View Post
    That doesn't seem to save out a new UV map that I can then edit in the modeler UVTexture viewport, but thanks.

    I've signed up as a patreon for DB&W, so maybe I can ask for that functionality.

  10. #10
    areté adk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by cwarden View Post
    That doesn't seem to save out a new UV map that I can then edit in the modeler UVTexture viewport, but thanks.

    I've signed up as a patreon for DB&W, so maybe I can ask for that functionality.
    I threw that response up quickly before I read that you also needed to edit the map. I've used sticky UV a few times and yeah unfortunately this doesn't let you export the results to modeler.
    Don't know how easy that would actually be to implement / refactor in, but you could always ask. I'd vote for it

  11. #11
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    3,018
    Im sure if you talk to Mike at DBW he could sort something out.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2019.03

    Very nice Laptop

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    France
    Posts
    498
    I answer may be a bit fast but why not Texture Guide with Camera mode ?

    https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/.../texture-guide

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Areyos Alektor View Post
    I answer may be a bit fast but why not Texture Guide with Camera mode ?

    https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/.../texture-guide
    Yeah, re-read my original post.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •