Thread: Advanced Edition 3 and PTZ Controls?

Advanced Edition 3 and PTZ Controls?

I see the PTZ presets under the camera configuration and can move the cameras and set presents, but what happened to the PTZ tab? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by jdulac View Post
    I see the PTZ presets under the camera configuration and can move the cameras and set presents, but what happened to the PTZ tab? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
    The PTZ tab has been removed in AE3. You can press the '*' on the keypad to open the property window for the input is currently on preview to get access to the PTZ settings.

In the next major release of software, you will be able to put PTZ presets in the multiview display to have access to multiple camera presets at once.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks, Kane. We use the Tricaster 8000 as our main switcher for City Council meetings with six PTZ cameras. The commission members never sit still and we are constantly adjusting PTZ presets. I will more than likely downgrade back to AE2 until this next major release. Will you be able to adjust the presets on the multiview display, save them, and then pick from them similar to what the PTZ tab is in AE2? The PTZ options need to be more readily available for folks who are using robotic cameras. The less clicks, the better.

In the upcoming version, preset configuration and manual navigation is supported using the control surface or the more detailed UI controls in Input Config. The viewport presets provide quick fulltime access to the presets for any camera, but only provide recall functionality.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Will PTZ control be available from a live panel when Premium Access is available for 8000s?

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    Will PTZ control be available from a live panel when Premium Access is available for 8000s?
    Preset recall, but not manual control. Preset recall is already available today with AE3 by typing in the IP of the system in a web browser.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

PTZ pane and NDI version 4

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    In the upcoming version, preset configuration and manual navigation is supported using the control surface or the more detailed UI controls in Input Config. The viewport presets provide quick fulltime access to the presets for any camera, but only provide recall functionality.
    Hi, with the latest release of software (NDI4) with VMC\TC1\AE3 upgraded units is possible to use this PTZ pane inside a multiview viewport?
    Last edited by prometeus; 10-10-2019 at 03:50 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Hi, with the latest release of software (NDI4) with VMC\TC1\AE3 upgraded units is possible to use this PTZ pane inside a multiview viewport?
    That will be with Rev 7-1 which is the build with new features, the build just posted is Rev 7-0 with NDI 4 added.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    That will be with Rev 7-1 which is the build with new features, the build just posted is Rev 7-0 with NDI 4 added.
    Many thanks !!!