Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twinmotion - Free 'till November

Installed this the other day but finally got a chance to open it today. I loaded the LWS scene I was just doing for my current project, which happens to be architecture. Everything is very small though. I have to scale the textures I add all the way down to make them close to normal. If I turn on the rain the drops are massive. Like one drop is the size of a car. LOL I wonder if there's a scale problem when I loaded the scene.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

That sounds to me like there's a scaling issue with the imported model. I assume you've modeled it to real world measurements, and Twinmotion might interpret it wrong.
    Try exporting a FBX or OBJ, see if that helps.

I've imported models I've modeled in real world measurements and they come in exactly like intended. No scaling problems, but I use FBX I/O.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

I'll have to play with it more when I have time.
    ~~Phil Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    Yup.
    Or Being able to open a TM project in Unreal and synchronize some additional objects/animations from Lightwave through the LW/Unreal bridge would be a dream for me.
    Yes, that would be the killer app for Unreal+TwinMotion+Lightwave!

Getting the time to test TwinMotion soon.

Loved your TwinMotion test renders ...
    Lightwave 2015 2019 2020 (both Mac & Win)
    High Sierra & Windows 10
    Mac Pro 2012 & Alienware Aurora
    48 GB ram
    AMD RX580 (Mac) & NVIDIA RTX2080 Ti (Win)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Installed this the other day but finally got a chance to open it today. I loaded the LWS scene I was just doing for my current project, which happens to be architecture. Everything is very small though. I have to scale the textures I add all the way down to make them close to normal. If I turn on the rain the drops are massive. Like one drop is the size of a car. LOL I wonder if there's a scale problem when I loaded the scene.

When you import in Twinmotions there is a ...more button. Click on that and under scale move it up to 100% and that should fix the scale problem you are having. These renders are form a job I did in Lightwave previously - then brought them in an added a lot fo vegetation in Twinmotion. I like the software- so far it's pretty easy to get around in it. I haven't figured out if there is a way to animate cars for example. You can easily make a path for Twinmotion's cars - but haven't figured out how to make them stop and a stop light for example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overall_1_001.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	145432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 05.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	145433  
    Last edited by SteveH; 07-14-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

I'll look into it again. Right now I'm learning Unity's Game Kit. Making games with no coding. ��
    ~~Phil Nolan

Quite impresive. I picked up on the free Twinmotion earlier last year. Like what I see here. Do I have to pay for this new version, if I got that earlier version?

You can keep using the version you've got for as long as you want. Once the new versions comes out (soon) - if you want that you will have to pay. According to an Unreal guy - it's supposed to be very inexpensive.

i noticed it had lws and lwo in the formats. At least i think it did

Edit : Yep, it read LWO 2015 and LW0 2019 with textures and materials, it also reads LWS.

I wonder if this is a taste of things to come?
    Last edited by gar26lw; 03-05-2020 at 08:03 PM.

The new Version of Twinmotion is up today! It looks pretty great! I got it for free as an early adopter - $500 for a less early person - but they said something about 50% off of that as well....check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    The new Version of Twinmotion is up today! It looks pretty great! I got it for free as an early adopter - $500 for a less early person - but they said something about 50% off of that as well....check it out.
    I got an email from them today with the same good news:

'Hi Kevin,

We’re pleased to announce that Twinmotion 2020 is now available. As a thank-you for downloading Twinmotion as an early adopter, we’ve decided to make this paid-for release, and all subsequent upgrades until the end of December 2021, absolutely free to you.'

Nice that the upgrades will be free till the end of next year as an extra bonus I'll have to get everything downloaded and installed tomorrow
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Same here. I made some rough tests yesterday night. Realsim has imporved a bit.

Just got my email a bit ago too. Nice to know its free for now. Downloading and installing as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Just got my email a bit ago too. Nice to know its free for now. Downloading and installing as I type this.
    Well, it's free till Dec 2021 for those who'd joined "Early Adopters" and downloaded prior. For everyone else (who didn't join EA before TM2020's release), apparently they now have to pay for a license ($250 now, going up to $500 eventually).

Important distinction for those who hadn't already joined/downloaded. Luckily, I'd joined and downloaded previously as well.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast