Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AE3 HDMI and DVI tricaster 8000

AE3 HDMI and DVI tricaster 8000

Hi All,

Apologies for this question, we still learning how to use the tricaster. We have bought the AE3 upgrade and in the email it said

NewTek Customer Advisory: TCAE3 Display Options
    With the introduction of TriCaster Advanced Edition 3, there is a change that affects the display outputs of TriCaster systems.
    With the implementation of new features and capabilities, the display outputs (also referred to as Display Ports) such as DVI and HDMI from the system motherboard have been disabled.

Anyone had an issue with this?

You are correct, the so-called "Display Port" implementation does not exist in AE3. Generally, for display needs previously supported by this mechanism, you're going to need to split another video output (such as SDI) or work out a method to use NDI (which has profound advantages for many purposes).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So let me ask, IS this why our second multiview monitor stopped working on out TC1?
    What are my options to get this back working?
    Thanks
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    So let me ask, IS this why our second multiview monitor stopped working on out TC1?
    No, I don't think so, because TC1 never had *Display Ports afaik. (* This was always unfortunate nomenclature, because people tended to confuse it with the later-appearing physical port by the same name.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve for the prompt reply, still getting to grips with ndi, we use our dvi port to connect to a scaler to project on led screens and we connect HDMI splitter to HDMI port to TVs. We are a church based in the uk. Is there any way I can use ndi using some of the connect spark family.

Before getting into a consideration of alternatives, it would be interesting to figure out which HDMI port you were using, and what had changed that resulted in this no longer working for you. Maybe post a cell phone shot showing which hardware port you're referring to, to begin?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Steve, good point haven’t even installed AE3 yet, will install and test will get back to you once I know which ports are not working. Thanks again.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bashie View Post
    Thanks Steve, good point haven’t even installed AE3 yet, will install and test will get back to you once I know which ports are not working. Thanks again.
    Bashie,

When we upgraded our 460 to AE3, we only lost one of the HDMI outputs. One of the other one still works great as a program out.
    Also, we didn't change any of our two multiview monitor connections. One is HDMI and the other is DVI. When we first booted up, one of them was black and the other had the new (AE3) Tricaster menu on it.
    If we went into an existing session, we would get program out on one monitor and the other would be black.
    We simply when into Admin mode and selected the 'swap monitors' option. Now everything works great.
    BUT - we still have to swap monitors every time we boot up our system.

Hope that helps,

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Thanks Andrew, will bear that in mind when upgrade is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    BUT - we still have to swap monitors every time we boot up our system.
    Have you bugged this, Andrew?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Have you bugged this, Andrew?
    Not yet. We just upgraded to the latest version of AE3 so we will see if it is still an issue.

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

One the image, I only get a signal out of the HDMI port. I use to also get a signal from the port to the right of it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	144989

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    One the image, I only get a signal out of the HDMI port. I use to also get a signal from the port to the right of it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	144989
    So, not to be facetious, but I think something is wrong with your TC1 ... software, setup, hdwe., not sure. I just tested mine here (which is admittedly not exactly 100% standard) and have not trouble using all three of those ports - two for different external multiviews, and the other for the UI.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Steve. I'll have to check it out. It was working fine. Someone else was using it and then it wasn't working. Maybe it's time to do a restore.
    Thanks

Hi All, AE3 installed, all ports working with the exception of 1 hdmi port, which just displays Newtek.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast