Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premium Access V2 on 8000?

Quote Originally Posted by ffhillcrest View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. I purchased the AE3/PA upgrade promo solely to get access to LivePanel on my 410. After installing AE3 I activated PA and then found out that the software that will make this work on the 410 is not even released yet. What really irks me is that there is no mention on the Premium Access page that these features are still unavailable for the older lines. In fact, the opposite is implied since some features specifically have notes or flags indicating that they are coming soon or limited to certain models. Overall, the NewTek site is very unclear about which features apply where and whether advertised features have actually been released.

I followed Steve Bowie's advice to contact CS regarding a possible subscription reset but was pushed off to someone else who has not responded. I have a feeling I'm going to get the same "tough luck" reply.
    So...I'm really frustrated. It's now September and still no new version of Premium Access has been released. Meanwhile months and months tick away on my unusable Premium Access subscription and the Premium Access webpage still makes no mention that the advertised features are not available on all the devices listed as compatible at the bottom. When are these long-ago announced features going to be released?
    BTW, no one from support bothered following up on my request regarding a subscription reset--not even to tell me no.

Not to make excuses, but maybe to explain a bit - LiveStory is one of the key features of this next round, and the decision was made to greatly enhance it over its original scope.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not to make excuses, but maybe to explain a bit - LiveStory is one of the key features of this next round, and the decision was made to greatly enhance it over its original scope.
    Thanks for the reply--it was more than I got from support. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me anything to go on or make me feel any better about the current situation. I wish NewTek would own the fact that communication regarding available feature set across the product line in Premium Access has been unclear at best. I would lean more towards misleading seeing that nothing has been clarified on the product page.

Well, just to add to what I wrote, the next release leverages NDI v.4, as well, and that has also taken longer to field than expected (its release is imminent as of now, mind you). I can assure you that we wouldn't intentionally mislead, but things certainly do take longer than expected sometimes. And I do appreciate that blaming something's late arrival on something else that is also late isn't very satisfying. If you feel misled, can I suggest that you might approach Sales about a refund?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Premium Access features are definitely coming to XD series systems. Depending on the age of the system, and more specifically the graphics card in it, you may find it works quite well, or struggles a bit if you load it up with a lot of resource demands ... but mostly it should be fine, including both LP and LG.
    I talked to several Newtek representatives at IBC who told me that the new Premium Access features probably aren’t coming to TC8000 after all. Something about some of the older revisions of the hardware not being powerful enough...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12