Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrade firmware 1911 ?????? not working .....

Firmware update status

Any update on this firmware problem with Spark Connect. It has been 4 months and not fix. This is my first New Tek product and I an not happy that the reason I purchased this unit was for tally lights that now does not work. If a fix is not available please provide the old firmware until a fix is made.

I have asked QA for an update on status.

UPDATE: I'm told there were unexpected build errors, but that a new release is expected shortly .. possibly this week, even..
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Spark HDMI and SDI update version 1977 now available for download. I can confirm that the tally lights on the unit now operate correctly.

The main website update hasn't proceeded and it still lists the previous version, but the download link will get you version 1977.
    https://www.newtek.com/downloads/?Spark-Family
    Last edited by kanep; 06-30-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Any reports on if it works?
    To give comparison, some of us reported an issue on the FMUser forum, they tested the reported issue, wrote and released a fix in less then two weeks.
    That's the sort of timeframe that this fix for the Sparks should have taken.

I'm not sure the reason for the delay. I'll admit is was longer that most updates bug fixes take from NewTek. I often get fixes within a week for for many of our products once I have them reported.

I can confirm that this update is working. I've updated 2 HDMI units and 1 SDI unit with it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Even though we've pretty much binned our Sparks, I thought I'd check in and see if anythings changed.
    Oddly, there is now firmware v1977, But no one did any forum updates to announce it on threads like this one?

Bwahahahahaha.
    The Fail contiues,...

Go to Support/Downloads, find the sparks, hit the Download button, up pops a panel asking for user names etc, fill it in, get new pop up declaring "You're now authorised to download",.. which never clears by itself, so you hit the 'X' in the corner, no download started yet, hit the download button,... and repeat, and repeat,...

So much for the download actually being available!

Make sure you don't have an pop-up or ad blockers running in your browser. They can interfere with the website download function.

I just tried and was able to download the 1977 firmware.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

If an Ad Blocker is stopping the website delivering a non-advert download that the user has clicked on, the website is the problem.

Well, something is hinky. I just tried this from home, and everything worked as expected after closing the dialog and hitting download. I'll make some inquiries with IT about what the issue might be.

Quote Originally Posted by PiD Media View Post
    If an Ad Blocker is stopping the website delivering a non-advert download that the user has clicked on, the website is the problem.
    That logic doesn't necessarily follow. An ad-blocker might incorrectly be using a mechanism that blocks something which is otherwise unobjectionable (not to suggest the use of an ad-blocker is definitely the issue here).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

With the ad-blockers I've tried, they seem to try to catch more than that just ads. I've given up on them, I didn't feel it was worth the hassle, that is not to say that you might feel differently.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12