Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrade firmware 1911 ?????? not working .....

upgrade firmware 1911 ?????? not working .....

we are at 7 May 2019 .... I have reported various problems on NDI SPARKS SDi and HDMI for both the tally and the non-perfect connection since the 1911 version ... the problem was reported on 19 February 2019 .. think that for 2030 manage to fix a firmware or the CUSTOMER ONCE YOU PURCHASED A PRODUCT OF YOUR SOME HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MUST NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT FOR WHAT YOU PAYED ???????
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

Downgrade the firmware to an older version that you know is working well.
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

Thank you for drawing this to our attention. I've spoken to QA, and they are looking at it as a matter of urgency. I'm sorry it's taken so long, as I can see that you've mentioned it in the forums before; I don't know whether there is a related support or Fogbugz case (if there is, it might be helpful if you could reply with the case number).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

do you think that before the 8K release or the landing on mars we can have the fix ??? we are in June .. expect from February ....

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Thank you for drawing this to our attention. I've spoken to QA, and they are looking at it as a matter of urgency. I'm sorry it's taken so long, as I can see that you've mentioned it in the forums before; I don't know whether there is a related support or Fogbugz case (if there is, it might be helpful if you could reply with the case number).
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by lamerhouse344 View Post
    do you think that before the 8K release or the landing on mars we can have the fix ??? we are in June .. expect from February ....
    It's hard for me to offer any insight into this case, lacking a Fogbugz case number. Assuming you have one, you might fire off an email to [email protected] referencing it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It's hard for me to offer any insight into this case, lacking a Fogbugz case number. Assuming you have one, you might fire off an email to [email protected] referencing it.
    I had opened the case in February .... but it no longer appears and I can't see the closed ones ... they deleted it or closed it without doing anything ... now I have reopened the case No. 100438 let's see if before the appearance of the sparks version pro 150 super mega we will have a fix .. really incredible

this is the number of the token from the link in chronology that is deleted or not working .. so at least they took longer Token = e574d6c325722e9f033f38cf0dae73ba

I found the case number an old mail .. as you can see it was closed without doing anything (Case 99398) Spark tally ... GREAT SERVICE
    Last edited by lamerhouse344; 06-04-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

I found the case number an old mail .. as you can see it was closed without doing anything (Case 99398) Spark tally ... GREAT SERVICE
    Having the number helps. The case was closed, but not "without doing anything". It is marked as a duplicate of another case. The only other note on this case mentions that it had not been possible to replicate the issue. It's not really clear to me whether this is really an engineering issue or a support one, but I have reopened it for QA to handle. I'm sorry no-one got back to you about this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

it was not possible to replicate the problem ??????????? but you yourself have checked and you have noticed the problem is written in a few posts higher ..... now .. from February to today not being able to fix such a simple problem and if it is true that they have failed to replicate the problem that exists on both SDI and HDMI seems absurd ... who does the firmware test that is given and check after reporting a 1 year old child ??? I'm pretty upset about how you handle your customers' problems ... and then the number hasn't been duplicated but it was always my report with other problems which also closed that !!!!!
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

but you yourself have checked and you have noticed the problem is written in a few posts higher .....
    Where exactly does it say that?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Where exactly does it say that?
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-firmware-1911 5 post....... 02-28-2019, 10:52 AM ..
    Last edited by lamerhouse344; 06-07-2019 at 04:30 AM.
    Lamerweb.com
    Tricaster 850
    Tricaster TC1
    Spark SDI and HDMI

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-firmware-1911 5 post....... 02-28-2019, 10:52 AM ..
    I see ... when you wrote "you yourself", you really meant "someone else". I try to get a clear understanding of things, especially if it's possible that I'm personally at fault in some way.

The fact is, though, the moment I read your initial post, I checked the case and escalated it. I did so again immediately the other day when you wrote that your problem wasn't fixed yet, at which time I was assured you would be contacted and given a download link for the new (beta) version. If that hasn't actually happened, please let me know.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I wrote that post. I did put in a bug report at the time. There is a beta firmware that fixes the issue, it hasn't been publicly released yet. I've not seen any issues with this beta firmware.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I wrote that post. I did put in a bug report at the time. There is a beta firmware that fixes the issue, it hasn't been publicly released yet. I've not seen any issues with this beta firmware.
    Your's was probably the duplicate case QA referred to, then, thanks Kane.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

After reading this,.... You blokes really need to take a long hard look at how Newtek is handling customer issues and feedback.

The 1911 firmware clearly wasn't ready for release, and there's only a Beta firmware that fixes the issue?, but hasn't been released to people who need it??!, as an option to choose for themselves whether they apply it?

After how many months?

Let me give you a comparison with what Newtek needs to compete with.
    I have a generic HDMI-IP box that is available under many brands, known under most of the retail brands as a "HE-01", and I have an FMUser FBE200.

The generic HE-01, I contacted my local retailer about the change in Facebook from RTMP to RTMPS, asking if there were any updates available, and had replies quickly, was told the manufacturers were not aware of the change to Facebooks streaming requirements,.. A day later, and there's a message to 'Check back in a week, they reckon the firmware update will be ready by then',.

Less then a week, firmware is issued and the device updates and works Perfectly.

And that's a Generic box that sells for about 1/4 the price of a Spark HDMI.

Now, over on the FMUser forum, there's regular firmware updates issued, and a company engineer whose first language is definitely not English, who replies to nearly every user question and tries to solve EVERY user issue, usually within 24 hours of a post being made.

Basically, the After Sales Customer Service for two little no-name Chinese companies is making multiple US brands look VERY second rate.

Months, with no fix for the Tally issue, Is Not Good Enough.

Heck, on that other thread, Kane never even noted or replied to my question about the SD Card port not being functional at all.

Newtek needs to ask itself, or maybe the new merged compaines management should ask, 'Are our customers likely to come back and buy more products, or are they going to find other products that get better support elsewhere?'

Because based on the performance of the Sparks, and the slow rate of firmware corrections, there's very little customer incentive for loyalty, especially given the price difference between a Newtek Spark and a Kiloview E2, which is the same hardware at Half the price.

Customer Loyalty is what drives Repeat Sales, and keeps people in jobs.

I wonder if the Kiloview firmware works on Newtek branded models ?

Quote Originally Posted by PiD Media View Post
    Customer Loyalty is what drives Repeat Sales, and keeps people in jobs.
    Thank you for this feedback, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PiD Media View Post
    I wonder if the Kiloview firmware works on Newtek branded models ?
    Knowing a little bit about the implementation, I really doubt it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast