Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiral Staircase interior lounge

I like it!!!
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Here's an update. I'm not totally sure if I'm on the right track with everything but I feel that at least some things have been improved. Let me know if you think this is an improvement over the original or not. I didn't crank the settings up on this one as much so there might be some grain in the image.

Beautiful!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Very nice. Definitely an improvement. The sky outside seems like it should be brighter than the buildings, rather than darker. In fact, in the reflection in the floor it is brighter, which would seem to break the laws of PBR energy conservation or whatever. The reflection off the floor can't be brighter than the thing it is reflecting (the window). Are you using a portal light sampling the background? There's a way to use an image for backdrop, and a different one for the lighting. Then you could jack up the background brightness, without changing your lighting. I can't recall the set up off hand, but I think it is pretty easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Very nice. Definitely an improvement. The sky outside seems like it should be brighter than the buildings, rather than darker. In fact, in the reflection in the floor it is brighter, which would seem to break the laws of PBR energy conservation or whatever. The reflection off the floor can't be brighter than the thing it is reflecting (the window). Are you using a portal light sampling the background? There's a way to use an image for backdrop, and a different one for the lighting. Then you could jack up the background brightness, without changing your lighting. I can't recall the set up off hand, but I think it is pretty easy to do.
    Here is an update with a revised backdrop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staircase_24.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	145129  
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Here's an update. I'm not totally sure if I'm on the right track with everything but I feel that at least some things have been improved. Let me know if you think this is an improvement over the original or not. I didn't crank the settings up on this one as much so there might be some grain in the image.
    Hi

I do like where this image is going !

I really like the improvments to the stair and the ceiling

Some Suggestions:

The Barcelona Chairs It's a clasic that always look elegant, I like it much more thatn the previous seationg choice. However I feel the layout is still not right. I took the liberty of sketching over your render. Perhaps a simple arrangment on the right hand side might work. Four chairs with a coffe table might look well in the composition

I like the timber paneling both on the soffit and wall. I would suggest tuning down the joints, specially on the soffit. I would (an this is a personal opinion) make the timber less yellow. See the example image attached which shows very thin panel joints and a similar but less yellow timber

You could add a couple of elegant glazed door to the left wall, perhaps leading to a board room, you may catch a glympse of one of the board room chairs, this would help to reinforce the idea of what the space is. Again the attached picture shows nicely integrated timber/glass doors in the paneled wall.

On the right hand side you could perhaps add a recess on the wall to complement the seating arrangement, with a flush flat screen to the recessed back wall or perhaps a painting. The recessed wall could be dark as in the skirting.

I like the spots set in the timber ceiling. But I would suggest remove them form the white ceiling, you could use thin linear flush trimless LEDs lights along the wood paneled walls. See example image

I am still not convinced with the floor. Yor image suggest some sort of marble floor. But you could use a more adventurous one. Consider the other example image where the joints in the marble floors are acatually very very thin and flush, almost imperceptible, (floor tiles in your image suggest tiles with chamfered/rounded edges as in ceramic tiles), the format is very large pieces and the graining of the marble very interesting. In addition to that you could also explore a zone with a different floor finish where the seating area is, something softer like a carpet perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

And the images I was referring to above

Name:	4c5bb9a6a1ca62b6a3c564b1c2e8d006.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	145135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porcelanosa-XLight-Premium-Urbatek-01.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	145136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b_MANHATTAN-PANZERI-197178-rel31c3c915.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	145137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 01.11.56.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	145138  
    Last edited by luzlight; 06-01-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    Space Emotion - Architecture - www.space-emotion.com

I like that in the this update the sky is more blue but still looks a bit plain. Perhaps adding some clouds to the sky would help, Somehow now the background buildings have become all foggy, almost like a thick smog. I liked how the buildings looked before more.

Here another update. I will still probably work on this a bit more when I get a chance. I tried running a different flooring all the way through but just didn't look quite right to me so I decided to go with a large rug for the sitting area. I also still have to see what I can do with the backdrop sometime. I really like the idea for the flooring and think it looks much better now. Some of these extra things make it look more like a real project instead of just a rendering made up for a portfolio. I also tweaked the sun angle a bit as well.

Name:	SpiralStaircaseInterior_2019_01.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	342.5 KB 
ID:	145179  
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Here another update. I will still probably work on this a bit more when I get a chance. I tried running a different flooring all the way through but just didn't look quite right to me so I decided to go with a large rug for the sitting area. I also still have to see what I can do with the backdrop sometime. I really like the idea for the flooring and think it looks much better now. Some of these extra things make it look more like a real project instead of just a rendering made up for a portfolio. I also tweaked the sun angle a bit as well.
    Wow that floor looks nice ! , it has really lifted the image. The arrangment of the seating works nicely and the image feels balanced. The idea of the rug works well, may be just tweak the hue of the colours a bit as it feels very slighlty off the tones of the marble, may be something the goes with the grays in the grain.

The backdrop needs colour tweaking, the blue tint is not looking right, it suggests that the glass has a blue tint.

May be a final touch by putting something on the little table.

I like this image a lot. Very beleivable.

Oh, and I would suggest you use a different typeface and much smaller, may be along the bottom edge. Use a typeface that goes with the modern stile of the image. At the moment the text is distracting.

Wow that floor looks nice ! , it has really lifted the image. The arrangment of the seating works nicely and the image feels balanced. The idea of the rug works well, may be just tweak the hue of the colours a bit as it feels very slighlty off the tones of the marble, may be something the goes with the grays in the grain.

The backdrop needs colour tweaking, the blue tint is not looking right, it suggests that the glass has a blue tint.

May be a final touch by putting something on the little table.

I like this image a lot. Very beleivable.

Oh, and I would suggest you use a different typeface and much smaller, may be along the bottom edge. Use a typeface that goes with the modern stile of the image. At the moment the text is distracting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12