Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamite PRO v1.2

Dynamite PRO v1.2

If anybody has this old plugin let me know, would of liked to try it out

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    I got to use that, back in the day (12 years ago).

Single thread 32 bit for the demo, although once you forked out for the Pro ver$ion it actually came with a 64 bit demo version also ...

I recall being on this screaming tight deadline on 4 computers with dual CPUs, each CPU being dual core … so I split the scene up into 12 separate scenes, each rendering every twelfth frame and ran that across three machines at half resolution (Dynamite was great if you had 100 years to finish). Composited in the renders and made deadline!

Believe me, you haven't missed / are not missing anything by this product now being defunct (even though it could create amazing renders),

What Gungho3D said. Very slow, but nice quality...when it worked. It was very crashy for me, which, I suspect, is why the developer vanished.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    What Gungho3D said. Very slow, but nice quality...when it worked. It was very crashy for me, which, I suspect, is why the developer vanished.
    Volumetric handlers require update after almost every LW version and revision, because NewTek devs are adding over and over new functions, which broke previously created plugins using volumetric handler..
    This puts off people making volumetric. Update of code required every couple months is tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    I got to use that, back in the day (12 years ago).

Single thread 32 bit for the demo, although once you forked out for the Pro ver$ion it actually came with a 64 bit demo version also ...

I recall being on this screaming tight deadline on 4 computers with dual CPUs, each CPU being dual core … so I split the scene up into 12 separate scenes, each rendering every twelfth frame and ran that across three machines at half resolution (Dynamite was great if you had 100 years to finish). Composited in the renders and made deadline!

Believe me, you haven't missed / are not missing anything by this product now being defunct (even though it could create amazing renders),
    i dont agree...for quality its not really anything you miss..bu kn regards to workflow there are some things.

master and slave cloning.
    better opengl presentation.
    faster to just add amd tweak fireshader as opposed to adding blackbody nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    i dont agree...for quality its not really anything you miss..bu kn regards to workflow there are some things.

master and slave cloning.
    better opengl presentation.
    faster to just add amd tweak fireshader as opposed to adding blackbody nodes.
    Dude - you may want to clarify what you're attempting to communicate. Apart from "I don't agree," i have no idea what you are trying to say. If it is some point about how we should all push for quality, then I would agree - however the above is simply my response to "Hey, does anyone know anything about this plugin?"

Dude - you may want to clarify what you're attempting to communicate. Apart from "I don't agree," i have no idea what you are trying to say. If it is some point about how we should all push for quality, then I would agree - however the above is simply my response to "Hey, does anyone know anything about this plugin?"
    Hey Dude,
    Let me put it this way, You responded with" you wonīt miss anything" and you did not say.."you wontīmiss much or miss something"

As for being clearer...donīt you know what master and slave cloning was in the dynamite plugin? and how that is an option we do not have with current volumetric item?
    When you clone a null with volumetric item shape...each null volume needs to be tweaked seperately, meaning if you set up a good cloud with a couple of null volume items, itīs a pain to tweak the shading
    individually when you want it propagating over the whole cloud.
    With dynamite you could clone it as a slave and you would just have to change the shading on the master and the children clones would change as well.

And as for fire tweaking...try and tweak the particle age blackbody within the volumetric item in Lightwave 2019 and they try tweak it in Dynamite plugin ..and you will see what I mean hopefully.

And for opengl...though in this sample vid I didnīt even have the temp representation active, but as can be seen..this is the kind of volumetric representation of the volume I would want in openGL, not just the flat ones we got
    with volumetric items in LW 2019
    https://vimeo.com/9127056

Also...this particle engine and sample utilised a deformed objects vertices...which You can not do with the current volumetrics, not without adding particles to the vertex initially and itīs a lot more tedious.
    And what I forgot to mention, dynamite could use per polygon size for the particle location and radius instead of just vertices.

Now..this was all about the particle engine with Dynamite, and I havenīt even mentioned anything about itīs fluid engine...its not possible either in lw 2019.

And no..as I said clearly, not quality..but workflow...so why do you get confused about what I ment in that regards about quality?

Dynamite was crashy and a bit slow to render, but had a nice fire shader...
    Oh..I forgot, I think the blending of nulls was better than current volumetric item, while the blending per particle is pretty much equally good.

Hey Dude,
    Let me put it this way, You responded with" you wonīt miss anything" and you did not say.."you wontīmiss much or miss something" ...
    That's about as far as I've bothered to read regards your reply.

Get some sleep, you'll feel better, instead of getting on a high horse wanting to bust people's chops ... in future try and say something helpful, which from time to time you actually manage to do.

Get some sleep, you'll feel better, instead of getting on a high horse wanting to bust people's chops ... in future try and say something helpful, which from time to time you actually manage to do.
    Gungho3D

Please knock it off will you, and try keep to the forum rules with a civil tone.

Initially You wanted a better description, I then gave you one with a discussion around the tools..which you donīt bother to read as you said for some unknown reason.

You seem to have been upset with something I have written...was it my initial respons to your post, where I just plainly said..I donīt agree..and also with the following comment that One surely miss a few tools, How you in some way have perceived it as snarky is something I fail to see why that is.

No..sorry..you donīt have any incitaments that justifies you to tell me to get some sleep, and your high horse comment is just plain mumbo jumbo.

In what way do I try to "bust peopleīs chops" I am gladely awaiting your reference to where I do that if you can provide such reference.

Why didnīt you read my response, then commenting on it without having read up on it, if you had you would have seen that it is helpful..we discuss the dynamite plugin here, not wether or not I was snarky.

I didnīt see you in anyway contributing to the discussion by replying with focus on what I read on the tool and how it works, please try and get back to that if it is to serve any purpose and following the topics.

Hey Gungho3D I know it's not my battlefield but I find you're not fair to Prometheus.

He's always communicating in a very respectful and friendly way and has provided countless good tips in this forum.

Real 3D nerds like us always have too few sleep ;-)

Gungho3D

Please knock it off will you, and try keep to the forum rules with a civil tone.

Initially You wanted a better description, I then gave you one with a discussion around the tools..which you donīt bother to read as you said for some unknown reason.

You seem to have been upset with something I have written...was it my initial respons to your post, where I just plainly said..I donīt agree..and also with the following comment that One surely miss a few tools, How you in some way have perceived it as snarky is something I fail to see why that is.

No..sorry..you donīt have any incitaments that justifies you to tell me to get some sleep, and your high horse comment is just plain mumbo jumbo.

In what way do I try to "bust peopleīs chops" I am gladely awaiting your reference to where I do that if you can provide such reference.

Why didnīt you read my response, then commenting on it without having read up on it, if you had you would have seen that it is helpful..we discuss the dynamite plugin here, not wether or not I was snarky.

I didnīt see you in anyway contributing to the discussion by replying with focus on what I read on the tool and how it works, please try and get back to that if it is to serve any purpose and following the topics.
    I guess I can answer likewise: lay off.

For future reference, maybe start by asking if what you think a person is saying is what they actually mean, instead of launching in with "I don't agree." And as things stood I wasn't talking to you I was talking to 3DHotShot. That, my friend, is what forum courtesy actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Hey Gungho3D I know it's not my battlefield but I find you're not fair to Prometheus.

He's always communicating in a very respectful and friendly way and has provided countless good tips in this forum.

Real 3D nerds like us always have too few sleep ;-)
    Hey Marander

I actually do agree - Prometheus is a valued contributor. And I do understand the many points he raised regards the software in question.

But to do the "respectful and friendly" you mention, I must be on another page from him as I always thought you shouldn't just butt into a conversation with "I don't agree." Ask, find out, then maybe try the kind of wording other people use to express differences of opinion.

So true: we 3D nerds need more sleep

I appreciate that you've written out of concern for your friend ...

Hey Marander

I actually do agree - Prometheus is a valued contributor. And I do understand the many points he raised regards the software in question.

But to do the "respectful and friendly" you mention, I must be on another page from him as I always thought you shouldn't just butt into a conversation with "I don't agree." Ask, find out, then maybe try the kind of wording other people use to express differences of opinion.

So true: we 3D nerds need more sleep

I appreciate that you've written out of concern for your friend ...
    I think you may be to sensitive of the phraze ..I dont Agree, it means just that..I donīt agree and it could be that I am wrong..or simply different views, itīs not aimed to chop anyone at the knees, and it doesnīt mean I dislike someone...
    and I explained why I donīt agree.

The otherway would be to say...I agree, then the discussion would end up meaningless and false, so putting somekind of value in to it that it is disrespectful by saying "I donīt agree" that is something I do not agree with and what if you said ..you donīt agree with marander?

Back to topics, I think there were justified points I made regarding the dynamite plugin that shows why I think it has something the current volumetrics doesnīt have, though the current volumetrics is faster and includes a more PBR correct model.

Suzuki Akira confirmed this was Dynamite Pro I just thought the fluid sim effect was quite good so wondered if anybody had this plugin to play with. 64bit

Hey Gungho3D,

All fine, I appreciate your answer!

Maybe also due to the fact that both Prom and I are not native English speakers... I used the term "I don't agree" many times myself without meaning to be offensive but just to state my opinion.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast