Thread: How to make firefox the default in AE3?

How to make firefox the default in AE3?

I tried making Firefox the default browser in AE3 but it's not working. What do I need to do?
    I have a mini with AE3.
    Thanks.

To make Firefox the default
    - Open control panels in Windows 7
    - Double click on 'Default Programs'
    - Select 'Set your default programs'
    - Select FireFox on the left panel
    - Click the 'Set this program as default'

Some of the buttons in AE3 will launch IE11 even if another browser is set as the default. If you have set FireFox as default and want to open it, click on the Notification Center icon in the upper right corner, then web browser. Or open the streaming panel and click on the web browser button found at the top of the window.

Also, uninstall the FireFox Maintenance Service, it is not needed for FireFox operation and will cause a warning message when TriCaster starts if it is installed.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

you could rename firefox.exe to explorer .exe and replace the explorer.exe original right kane?

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    you could rename firefox.exe to explorer .exe and replace the explorer.exe original right kane?
    The times that IE is called is because it is needed for that component. I wouldn't try renaming applications to hack it. Opening FireFox is only a button click away.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Your right hopefully no one does that!

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Okay, now I understand. I knew how to do the process but for some reason when I go into NFHS Network and go through the stream settings, it opens up in IE. I thought I was doing something wrong. So, I guess IE must be what it has to have to open up and work properly. It kind of sucks, but it is what it is I guess.