Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lw_ui+

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    thanks papou,

I've been messing around with it a bit. Off to bed now. I'm having issues on my 1920x1080 laptop screen with "no border" mode at the moment. When in that mode, it's a little bigger than the screen area and stuff gets chopped off a bit. Have to look into it tomorrow maybe. I'll see how it runs on my downstairs system then. I also had "WindowBlinds" loaded so I unloaded that and it was the same. Hmm.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scallahan1 View Post
    thanks papou,

I've been messing around with it a bit. Off to bed now. I'm having issues on my 1920x1080 laptop screen with "no border" mode at the moment. When in that mode, it's a little bigger than the screen area and stuff gets chopped off a bit. Have to look into it tomorrow maybe. I'll see how it runs on my downstairs system then. I also had "WindowBlinds" loaded so I unloaded that and it was the same. Hmm.

Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Strange issue. Display bigger in 1920x1080?
    - Did you reset your Windows Theme after unloaded WindowBlinds? (on Win10, I suggest AeroLite, because it get rid off the transparent border.)
    - What about CTRL+ALT+ENTER on the main panel? Is that fit your screen? or is it try to fit to a bigger screen?
    - If nothing seems to fix that naturarelly, you may need to re-record your own workspaces, precisely adjusted to your display.
    (it's a 10min process)

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Strange issue. Display bigger in 1920x1080?
    - Did you reset your Windows Theme after unloaded WindowBlinds? (on Win10, I suggest AeroLite, because it get rid off the transparent border.)
    - What about CTRL+ALT+ENTER on the main panel? Is that fit your screen? or is it try to fit to a bigger screen?
    - If nothing seems to fix that naturarelly, you may need to re-record your own workspaces, precisely adjusted to your display.
    (it's a 10min process)
    On my downstairs system it's working fine (Windows 7, LW 2015.3, LW 2020.0) with no strange theme thingys. Goes fullscreen properly. I'm quite
    sure that when I try your Windows Theme (and AeroLite) recommendation everything will work properly on my laptop. I don't expect to be using
    it again until Sunday afternoon, though.

Thanks for the help, and the cool UI.

Steve

PS> You meant "CTRL+ENTER", right? That makes it fullscreen.
    Last edited by scallahan1; 04-27-2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added PS

Quote Originally Posted by scallahan1 View Post
    PS> You meant "CTRL+ENTER", right? That makes it fullscreen.
    Yeah you right CTRL + ENTER, but that it not do fullscreen. It's a shortcut to conform the UI to your resolution.

Last edited by papou; 04-30-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks. Gotta read more manual and get into it more. Looking forward to messing with it again on my laptop this Sunday. Every bit of screen is precious on an 18.4" screen.

Steve

PS> And do we have any other cool, nifty and informative unlisted videos?
    Last edited by scallahan1; 04-30-2020 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added PS

Non-conforming app size solved...

Papou,

After having more trouble with it not conforming to my screen size no matter how many times I mashed the CTRL+ENTER buttons and also using the proper Aero Lite theme, I have found the culprit. It's the silly apps + text scaling button that recommends you set it at 125% (so I can see stuff cuz I'm getting older). I have set it to 100% and it's working properly now. Issue is solved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scalingOFF.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	147626

Steve

PS> Thanks for your recommendations along the way, sir.

LW_UI+ update!

[2020.26]
    - Fix LW2019 Embedded Panels
    - LW 2020 Workspaces added

Scallahan, thanks for your feedback. Yes, you right, my presets have been done for 100% size fonts.
    Changing that size force you to recreate all base workspaces. (a 10 minutes process... not the 10 most funniest minutes, i agree.)
    You can use the HiDPI Display Support of Lw2019 too:
    https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2019/...isplay-support
    Not familiar with it, it may help to resize Lightwave without having to redone all workspaces. (That will help 4k monitors users for sure.)
    Last edited by papou; 05-11-2020 at 04:32 PM.

If this is purchased just one time, will it cover more than one license of Lightwave or is it tied to Lightwave Product Lock ?
    I know Origami Digital also has a Workspace Tool - can anyone comment on how similar or different is the experience please ?

Many thanks.

I can't comment on licensing. But in comparison...

The instructions for OD Workspaces describe this limitation:

"Modeler doesn't really have the flexibility Layout has in terms of opening and closing windows via commands. If you are using the python console a lot, you might find that flakey, there isnt much I can do about it unfortunately until that is fixed by the LW Devs. Everything works perfectly fine, when the window exists prior to recalling a preset."
    This Modeler quirk only exists when you're selecting the presets from the menu (OD_WS_01, OD_WS_02, etc). If you select the presets from the OD Workspace GUI, the windows load fine. I suspect Oliver could fix this, if he was still maintaining the product.

LW_UI+ uses an external program to control window size/position. The only reason why I am not using LW_UI+ is because the trial version had a dispute with my company's security software. If you have admin access to whitelist/exclude LW_UI+ in fussy security software, it should be fine.
    Last edited by raymondtrace; 09-01-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Thanks raymondtrace. I think maybe I'll try Lw_ui+, then generally complete ODTools a little later (I hear they stilll work in LW2020).

Lw_ui+ needs a product lock.

Iím not using ODworkspace

Lw_ui+ needs a product lock.

Iím not using ODworkspace tool so i canít compare.

But i can tell than if lwui+ is well configured, it is pretty solide and can access to more panels.

But itís a complete tool with a rich manual. so itís for lw certified users who are not afraid to take time to custom. so i canít compare.

I can tell than if lwui+ is well configured, it is pretty solide and can access to more panels.

But itís a complete tool with a rich manual. so itís for lw certified users who are not afraid to take time to custom.

Test the trial before.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456