Thread: Live Clipping Software or option with Tricaster workflow

Live Clipping Software or option with Tricaster workflow

Is there a "live clipping" solution anyone would recommend out there to clip/edit video in a live production environment? Think being able to chop the head/tail of a segment as it airs and being able to post it to social media or online before the end of the production. More so, is there a solution that works well with the Tricaster workflow? Thanks for any input/help.

MLL

The TriCaster's built-in Export/Publish feature is made to do exactly this. It can send video or stills to Twitter, Facebook or other destinations.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Kris,

I'm thinking more of the ability to record the live output of the Tricaster to an external device/box which will allow me to cut/edit the video in real time in the timeline of Adobe Premiere or another NLE.

MLL

I believe part of the NDI-4 announcement was the addition of NDI recording on any networked PC.

Quote Originally Posted by mlambr01 View Post
    Kris,

I'm thinking more of the ability to record the live output of the Tricaster to an external device/box which will allow me to cut/edit the video in real time in the timeline of Adobe Premiere or another NLE.

MLL
    Ah. In that case, you might look at the IsoCorder software. That should let you capture the TriCaster output over the network on another system. Then you could drop it into Premiere. You could do it with some kind of Blackmagic capture box instead if you wanted to, but NDI would be cheaper. I think the normal version of IsoCorder is a free tool. You'd probably have to segment the recordings as you go to be able to import them into Premiere to cut them. That's one advantage to doing it on the TriCaster itself. If all you need to do is cut the head and tail, you can do that in a DDR and the export tool will transcode it and upload it straight to a Facebook post and you never have to stop or segment the recording file. If you need more complex requirements an external recording through IsoCorder should do it.

https://www.newtek.com/ndi/applications/isocorder/

Kris

Thanks Kris. That may do the trick. Just to verify, the TC1 output should be available via NDI on the LAN for IsoCorder or any other NDI enabled app to pick up/record.

Correct. You should be able to see any of your MIXES and TC1 physically-attached sources exposed on the network as available NDI sources. If you already have the TC1, you can verify that with the Studio Monitor application too. It would show you available sources and let you watch them on another computer on your network.

Kris