Thread: LW 2019 modeler wireframe edges too thin

LW 2019 modeler wireframe edges too thin

How do I thicken the display of the wireframe in modeler 2019? They are the same thickness as the grid's lines and I lose them (even when colored) when using a backdrop image.
    I went back to 2015 and noticed they were much more visible. It seems like there should be a line size adjustment the same way you can adjust you point size in modeler.

I don't know how to change the wireframe edges, but when I'm working with a Backdrop in Modeler, I almost always adjust the Image's Brightness & Contrast, or other parameters like Hue so the Modeler edges are more visible. For example, with a Sketch Color of Red:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_BkgImage_Bright&Contrast.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	847.8 KB 
ID:	144757

mTp

Quote Originally Posted by cwarden View Post
    How do I thicken the display of the wireframe in modeler 2019? They are the same thickness as the grid's lines and I lose them (even when colored) when using a backdrop image.
    I went back to 2015 and noticed they were much more visible. It seems like there should be a line size adjustment the same way you can adjust you point size in modeler.
    Have you fiddled with the options in the (D)isplay options panel? Doesn't give you line thickness but can adjust point size. Think I did was adjusted bg colors along with line colors or such, as I've a pale slate blue bg with black grid lines but white geom lines for unselected & yellow for selected. You find that under Customize Interface Color in the Interface tab of Display Options.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

if nvidia then you could adjust aa in control panel. might help a little

I am constantly turning the grid off, it gets in my way more than it helps.
    The current layer is not usually a problem in modeler, but background layers are.
    In layout it helps to use brighter wireframe colors.

you could set grid cols to be very close to bgd col. i think there is a col for the origin too so that can stand out.
    Last edited by gar26lw; 04-17-2019 at 08:03 AM.

It's not thickness but color they changed/broken.

LW 2019 has lot darker color than LW 2015 had so front wireframe color is more hard to be seen so it looks worse.
    I've reported that issue 2+ months ago but so far no luck for a FIX

LW 2015 wireframe color is RGB 233,233,232 while in LWM2019.0.1 is lot darker and only RGB 179,179,179.
    Sadly FRONT wireframe color is not user changeable in preferences (while BG wires are) so we can't do anything until then expose that or FIX/bring back LW 2015 RGB value.

Here is the example screen grab from my Report:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wires_visibility.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	144764  
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Thanks for submitting a report Lewis, I'm having the same issue. Wireframe lines, especially those lying along the darker gridlines aren't visible.

Yes it is annoying for modelers, i keep going back to LW 2015 due those modeling glitches/issues in 2019 .

My report case is LWB-4782
    Not sure to tell you guys other than report more/duplicate those. Maybe then they will realize we need modeler also and not just layout.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Yes it is annoying for modelers, i keep going back to LW 2015 due those modeling glitches/issues in 2019 .
    Yes, I do the same. x32 as well