Thread: AE3 CS button changes for 8000

AE3 CS button changes for 8000

As I understand it, AE3 changes some of the button assignments for our control surfaces. For the 8000, I understand the LiveSet Shots buttons were changed. Since we use those buttons on a daily basis for our LiveSets, is there an alternate one-push option? Or would we be looking at creating macros or investing in some other external controller (like X-Keys) to move our shots around? I haven't upgraded our 8000 yet, but would like to do so soon. But with these button changes I'm afraid we might be scrambling trying to do our zoom-ins and such since those buttons are doing something else now.
    Operations Manager, WBUP/WBKP
    TC 8000 AE

FWIW, we use the X-keys 30 button pad with our 8000 and its worth its weight in gold. My advice is to get it regardless. It can easily take the place of any missing/moved buttons from AE3. Now that PTZ tab is another issue entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Now that PTZ tab is another issue entirely.
    When the next major release comes out you will have to ability to show the PTZ presets inside multiviewer viewports. This will give you the ability to control many PTZ cameras directly without having to open the property windows. (FYI, a shortcut to get the PTZ controls in the current software release is to press the '*' on the keypad).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane any chance you know about how long till that is released? Is that also the one that adds replay controls to each input?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_TVPat1982 View Post
    Kane any chance you know about how long till that is released? Is that also the one that adds replay controls to each input?
    I think I can answer both of these. Final release is a little ways off yet, tbd; and 'yes and no' - that is, the next release does have the new replay features, but unless you have the next PA upgrade there will be limits to the number of replay sources you can enable, as before. (And of course you'd best have a lot of really fast storage connected is you want to be able to replay "each input".
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yeah, I bought a G-Tech G-Drive to hold 2 recording externally. Will the recording sizes change in with the new release?

I also like the change coming with the PTZ UI. I mostly use studio monitor and a XBOX controller for live movements but have some presets saved on the Tricaster for set shots.