Thread: Livepanel - Can you preview Audio as well as Audio

Livepanel - Can you preview Audio as well as Audio

Hello All.

We recently got two TC1's in our school and the students have already been pushing boundaries.
    Our Vex Robotics (done 2 weeks after receiving the units) had one TC1 for Sudio Commentary and another in the venue to switch the cameras.... IT was worried when I told them I would be putting 10 NDI feeds on the network for the first time.

Incredibly it all worked flawlessy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLW6m5xpK8)

Anyways.. my question
    We want to now do regular live streaming from our field and we are hoping livepanel will help us avoid hauling out the Tricaster Flypack.
    I know you can switch audio with LivePanel... but I can't definitely tell if you can preview audio. Do all devices support audio preview via device speakers or headphone jack? Can I solo with the device?

If the answer is yes, then I am immediately going to purchase it so we can mix cameras at the field and pull in studio commentary as we choose.

My thanks to this community... long time reader and now stepping it up.
    Steven

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Sorry, there is no audio preview with Live Panel. If you want to solo a device you need to plug headphones into the TriCaster.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

I set up livepanel as an emergency way to do an interview in our school studio...if the main control room wasn't available in the time important guest has to come…(due to scheduling or whatever)
    Sound to the TC comes from Presonus mixer, which has complete remote control of faders, so I can switch with livepanel, adjust my sound on mixer and I'm checking the sound on tricaster via NDI studio monitor (and you have audio mixer on livepanel so you at least see the levels).
    Two touchscreen monitors and an old computer. Worked pretty well in testing...fortunately I didn't have to use it for real in the 7 months I have set up this way

So no direct audio monitoring with the App... but with NDI, a network connection and Studio Monitor it sounds like it could work.
    For anything remote I can tap into our wireless in ear inventory... hmmm maybe even a little Dante to shunt the signal around.

Thank you for the replies everyone. You've given me a direction to move in.
    Steven