Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2019

LightWave 2019

Well I didn't know 2019 had Tools for Game Dev...… and I just missed a sale

Will there be a 30 day trial offered for 2019?
    If it is I don't see it in my account Downloads.

and If not, why not? I tell ya what
    How bout another Sale so I can scoop it up

There is a trial for LW2019, but you have to request a specific serial number here :
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/try_lightwave/

the Trial is alright, somewhat.

but the demo mode in Modeler is useless with poly-limitation, luckily you can model in 2015 and import it into 2019.

(NewTek, take note. Houdini Apprentice and Blender is way ahead of you) Fix the demo-mode! Thanks.

How bout another Sale
    prices might go down with Vizrt running the show. Let's see.  
    Last edited by erikals; 04-09-2019 at 03:35 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

maybe...

today's first laugh!   

Thanks for the link

Old Dog Learns New Tricks RudySchneider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    maybe...

That gave me a laugh, too.

Ahhh... If only it were so...
    There are no problems, only opportunities...

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    but the demo mode in Modeler is useless with poly-limitation, luckily you can model in 2015 and import it into 2019.
    But as soon as you will apply LW 2019 surfacing, LWO will stop being openable and editable in LW 2015.

yup.

NewTek needs to boost both the trial mode and the demo mode. a win-win situation.

also give LightWave to schools for free. (at least for a few years)

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    But as soon as you will apply LW 2019 surfacing, LWO will stop being openable and editable in LW 2015.
    Mmmm. Not 100% correct. Oliver has some tools for that but done't know what he ended calling it.

https://vimeo.com/search?q=OD_LoadSave%20
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

This topic is mixing things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    the Trial is alright, somewhat.

The trial is a fully functional version for 30 days. There should be no restrictions. After the 30 day trial period, the software turns to unlicensed or "discovery mode", which includes the poly-limitation with Modeler and no ability to save scenes from Layout. Discovery mode lasts indefinitely, so you can take your time to learn LW before purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Mmmm. Not 100% correct. Oliver has some tools for that but done't know what he ended calling it.
    In the context of a 2019 trial (or discovery mode), this shouldn't be a concern. Erikals is simply pointing out how you can bring more complex geometry from a previously licensed Modeler to load into "discovery mode" of Layout 2019. There's no need to open and edit again in LW 2015 if one is just testing 2019. And if you're using the fully-functional 30-day 2019 trial, there's no need to import complex LWO from an older version. Modeler 2019 should work fine, without functional limitation.

I would suggest that the biggest fault of LightWave Discovery Mode is that NewTek does not make it discoverable in its marketing. Who knows about it, except for us licensed users? NewTek hasn't marketed to new users for over a decade. Why should they start now?
    Last edited by raymondtrace; 04-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

The trial is a fully functional version for 30 days. There should be no restrictions. After the 30 day trial period, the software turns to unlicensed or "discovery mode", which includes the poly-limitation with Modeler and no ability to save scenes from Layout. Discovery mode lasts indefinitely, so you can take your time to learn LW before purchasing.
    of course, that wasn't the point though. the point was,

> demo mode in Modeler is useless with its heavy poly-limitation.
    > Houdini Apprentice and Blender is way ahead in this regard.

NewTek hasn't marketed to new users for over a decade. Why should they start now?
    Vizrt gives the situation hope.
    Last edited by erikals; 04-09-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Right, I was just clarifying because VonBon was only asking about a 30-day trial. Discovery mode, while a general issue for LW adoption, is probably not a concern.

Modeler's discovery mode limitation is 400 points per layer. However, there is no restriction on the number of layers. So if you're creative, you can still build very complex geometry in the crippled edition.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

400 points? how anyone gonna test anything with that?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    400 points? how anyone gonna test anything with that?
    for 30 days you should be able to use it full out, before it goes in to discovery mode, after that.. the limitation setīs in, and if you have older lightwave versions such as 2015 you can use that, there isnīt much new in modeler except for live array and some other small stuff.

So if you have 2015, you can just work with that and import and modify, but not save.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast