Thread: 410 Plus vs. 460AE3?

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar

410 Plus vs. 460AE3?

With the 410 plus announced, it seems like it is very much like a 460 with AE3.
    Anyone know the major differences?
    I know that the 460 had analog ins/outs but lost the analog outputs with AE3. (I have not checked to see if the analog inputs stopped working as well).
    The 410 DOES have 1080/60p that the 460 does not.
    Anything else I am missing (probably a lot)?

Thanks,

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

The specs list 2 dsks rather then 4. The screen shots at the event last night showed 4 though.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

I was wondering along similar lines. I think it does have 4 DSK but only 8 inputs. I do like the new replay feature. I am wondering if the MINI SDI is nearing the end of production life? Also, whats the deal with AE going forward? Seems like now that all the new machines come with AE, it's pretty much back to being the "standard" edition with Premium Access talking the place of AE only on a monthly/annual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_TVPat1982 View Post
    Seems like now that all the new machines come with AE, it's pretty much back to being the "standard" edition with Premium Access talking the place of AE only on a monthly/annual basis.
    That's probably a reasonable way to look at it, although PA is a somewhat different program in that it will continue to add first tier features progressively over time, to the degree that this is possible on a given platform. 7-0 (aka, AE3 for the XD series) is still a paid upgrade, I think, promotions aside...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi there,

I have one question about Control Surface for TC410Plus. That's TC460CS control surface can work correctly with TC410 Plus?

Thank all,

410 Plus will obviously have much more recent and powerful components inside (processor, graphics) along with Windows 10 OS, and has dual NIC ports like the TC1.

Features 3 MultiViewer ports like TC1 (UI + 2 MultiView). 410 Plus also supports Skype calls.

The specs list 2 DSKs and 2 Keyers per ME, so a step down from 460 AE there, probably to differentiate 410 Plus from TC1 a bit. https://www.newtek.com/tricaster/410-plus/tech-specs/

1 x 3TB internal storage

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Specs say the 410 Plus has 8 "external" inputs. I see 4 HD-SDI inputs listed. What are the other 4 external inputs?

The 410 Plus has a total of 8 video input sources on the switcher. There are 4 SDI inputs at the rear, and NDI video sources are accepted over ethernet. So 8 sources TOTAL, being any combination of SDI and NDI sources, or even ALL NDI.

Newtek offers their line of Spark units for conversion of HDMI and SDI sources to NDI, and third-party vendors like BirdDog and Magewell are also making small NDI converter boxes. Newtek also has the Studio Input Module, which is a rack-mount unit that converts 4 SDI sources to NDI, so adding that to the 410 Plus would provide a total of 8 SDI inputs.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Jeff, Thanks for the clarification. Newtek Input Module is way out of our price range. I've seen where folks have found the Spark to not be super reliable. Any input on the pros and cons between the Birddog and Magewell devices. I've heard great things about BirdDog. Not familiar with Magewell.

I've not used any of the NDI converters, but perhaps the Spark issues were related to WiFi, which adds a lot of variables to the equation on the user side of things. A wired converter should work well.

Magewell makes a lot of video capture cards and converters that have been great sellers for our company, and have been very reliable (low returns for any reason). The Magewell NDI converter is new so I have not had my hands on one yet.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera