Thread: Loud Audio Click Intermittently from Zoom Server running NDI Virtual Input

Loud Audio Click Intermittently from Zoom Server running NDI Virtual Input

Using NDI 3.8 Virtual Input and Scan Converter to get a Zoom meeting into my TriCaster. I’m getting loud audio clicks or dropouts in the Zoom callers’ playback speaker. On the Zoom server, I set Virtual Input to get MIX OUT from one of my TriCaster’s, which goes to the Mic in the Zoom app through the Line (NewTek NDI Audio) driver.

It’s intermittent where it won’t happen after Virtual Input has been up for a few hours or sometimes after a restart. I have two of these Zoom servers and I’ve not been able to pin down how to reliably get clean audio back to the caller. The return audio is coming from a VS4000 Skype caller or the other Zoom server which is clean from Scan Converter into the TriCaster.

I opened a fogbugz and Andrew thinks it’s something to do with Zoom, so I’ve opened a ticket with them.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I’ve been trying to find the download for NDI Analyzer and haven’t been successful, can someone point me to the download URL?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by rlsafran; 04-06-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Called support and they helped me find "NDIAnalysis for Windows" at the bottom of the page at: https://www.ndicentral.com/tools/

Interestingly, the audio clicks/dropouts (re-clocking issue) resolves itself if you leave NDI Virtual Input and Zoom up for several hours.

The audio return from Skype vs Zoom, doesn't have the issue. We need the Zoom servers as many of our clients hate Skype, even though Zoom has also had its share of issues including A/V sync delays.
    However, Zoom often works better than Skype TX when the caller has low bandwidth Internet.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150