Thread: VMC1 and Flex Tally system

VMC1 and Flex Tally system

Has anybody successfully set up a VMC1 with Flex Tally via a 15 pin cable? We have it hooked up and it kind of works but the tally lights show up on the wrong cameras. It does not seem to matter if we switch the cables they still show up on the same cameras that are wrong. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

I've never used this system myself, according to their site the support both Ethernet or GPIO (HD15) connection. Is it possible to try the Ethernet connection type?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes we tried the Ethernet option first and that was worse off then the GPIO. I talked with the company and they said that they had not tested with the VMC1 and could not say if it would work or not. We switched to MetaZets tally and everything worked just fine.

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    The problem is the sources have different index numbers associated with them between VMC1 and TC1.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

If they did it correctly, they could 'look' for the source names in the Tally XML data, then find the index they need. If they did it via index directly (just assuming what they were), that method is going to have problems.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.