Thread: TC1 out of sync by 5 frames

TC1 out of sync by 5 frames

We've noticed our lip sync is off on every output by 5 frames. Sync looks good in multiview windows, preview, and program. The sync is effecting cameras and DDR channels with audio (pre-produced features that ARE in sync when tested in VLC). Anyone else having issues? We don't have any genlock going into the TC1 or any of our sources.

I have seen the same problem with our Tricaster Mini with 3 HDMI cameras. We record studio talent with 3 cameras and use 1 DDR to insert short packages for a 15 min show.

I can correct the final show by loading the recorded video file in Premiere Pro and moving the Audio track 5 frames forward in time. I do not know what causes the problem.

I think we need a better notion of where exactly this sync issue is becoming apparent to you.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes, is this sync on recording in the TriCaster and are you talking about recording of inputs or outputs? Or are you talking about sync viewed externally from the system like on a projection system and audio on loud speakers?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We have noticed a few frames sync issue in recordings (h264 stream record, respectively) as well. On both TC1 and 460 AE3. I first assumed it was due to slight delay in NDI HX with PTZ1 (while sound was directly from mixer) when we used them with 460, but then i noticed the same in our permanent studio with TC1 and SDI cameras.
    This is our stream from 460 with PTZ1:https://youtu.be/KSnAjLMXxBU?t=1106 (it's in czech , but i guess you could see the sync issue anyway). It's the same in recording.
    I also know about one media company in our country, which has TC1 and similar sync issues - they use SDI cameras and mics directly to TC1.
    EDIT: everything on latest versions
    Last edited by bartolomeo; 04-03-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Yes, is this sync on recording in the TriCaster and are you talking about recording of inputs or outputs? Or are you talking about sync viewed externally from the system like on a projection system and audio on loud speakers?
    The sync issue is happening on every output of a 1080 30p project. There is no sync issue when testing on a 1080 60i project. We're outputting to a Samsung 55 in monitor, Atomos Sumo Recorder, AWS Elemental, and a Euphonix Pearl. All have the same 5 frame delay.

I was just going to open a ticket along these lines but haven't done enough research yet to figure out all the details. I'm do projects in 1080i 59.94. I have two TC1s and only one of them has this issue, and all delays are zero'ed out and I'm using a mixture of SDI cameras with the NDI-PTZ1 cameras. I notice the lip sync issue in recordings and in the SDI itself.

I can't take time just now to go through all the variables in this thread, but there should definitely be no sync issue between audio and video arriving at the TriCaster in sync on any output or internal recording.

To keep this simple, if you can supply an SDI source with embedded audio to TriCaster and it has a sync problem in a recording, please submit a short clip along with a Fogbugz case. Ideally, the clip should have some visible cue to make it easy to see the issue - a hand clap or the like.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I think we need a better notion of where exactly this sync issue is becoming apparent to you.
    The sync issue is apparent in recorded output, 1080P 30, AVI format, when playing the video on any platform with VLC player or others on a Mac OS-X.
    The audio from the talent is direct line input through a mixer and the packages have embedded audio.
    TriCaster MINI HDMI

To quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    To keep this simple, if you can supply an SDI source with embedded audio to TriCaster and it has a sync problem in a recording, please submit a short clip along with a Fogbugz case. Ideally, the clip should have some visible cue to make it easy to see the issue - a hand clap or the like.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I'm gonna assume that the community event on NAB was done with Tricaster...I'm watching the Industry Leaders Panel Discussion...you can see that it's out of sync, right? It's not just me?

Quote Originally Posted by bartolomeo View Post
    I'm gonna assume that the community event on NAB was done with Tricaster...I'm watching the Industry Leaders Panel Discussion...you can see that it's out of sync, right? It's not just me?
    I noticed the same thing when I was watching online live yesterday. Especially right off the top of the Industry Leaders panel, the very first camera was way off and then after that it seemed like video was noticeably advanced in front of the audio for the entire rest of the show on all the cameras. I still watched, because gotta watch Andrew.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I was watching online live yesterday. Especially right off the top of the Industry Leaders panel, the very first camera was way off and then after that it seemed like video was noticeably advanced in front of the audio for the entire rest of the show on all the cameras. I still watched, because gotta watch Andrew.

Kris
    I was watching in the presentation room and the audio was a touch ahead of the video, as one would expect with imag using projectors.

I'm betting on streaming lipsync issues rather than video switching issues.

-Nic

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? I am having the same audio sync issue with a TC mini HD-4 with AE3 Current Version: 190606. Audio is in sync in preview and program but not in sync in Stream/Encode. Streaming live on Facebook and recording H.264 both are out of sync about 10 frames. I have line output from sound board to input 1 on TC mini. The audio delay is set to 200 ms on TC mini. I am using 5 PTZ cameras, 4 HDMI and 1 with a Connect Spark over our network. On multi-view screen all cameras are in sync with line input audio. The first time we go live for 30 minutes the audio is out of sync. After a 15 minute brake we go live again for about an hour and Stream/Encode are in sync and no adjustments have been made.
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director
    TriCaster: Mini (with AE3), Connect Spark,
    5 Katovision PTZ cameras, KT-610C controller
    Live video production and streaming