Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizrt acquires NewTek

An hour and a half in and nothing about Lightwave 3D...
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Have you been sitting there for an hour and half waiting for LW news???

Watching the live stream and all it has up now is the "Together we change the world" screen. Is the live stream over? If so, not sure what to make of the fact that Newtek didn't talk of Lightwave. Is that good or bad? The Lightwave community is left in limbo wondering what's happening. Newtek and/or Vizrt need to speak up and let this part of the community know where Lightwave stands!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Kiwi View Post
    Have you been sitting there for an hour and half waiting for LW news???
    Yes. Bahaha!! 3:39a.m. and got no news!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Your wasting your time, they have been pretty clear in saying that it will be awhile before there is any lightwave news.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    ... not sure what to make of the fact that Newtek didn't talk of Lightwave. Is that good or bad?
    I would say neither good or bad at this point.

We're still fairly fresh into a new LightWave release so there's time for anything to play out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHache View Post
    I would say neither good or bad at this point.
    I think that depends entirely on whether most other Newtek products were discussed or not:

If most weren't discussed, then Lightwave not being discussed isn't "atypical", so not being mentioned wouldn't bode good or bad.

OTOH, if most other active Newtek products were discussed, and Lightwave wasn't discussed, then that clearly bodes poorly for Lightwave.

So...which was it?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    So...which was it?
    NAB is a video show, for video people, interested in video products, and the video business generally. So ... which do you think it was, John? And why on earth would anyone expect anything different, especially after I spent the last week telling everyone here not to expect LW news in the near future.

It might have been different if this was SIGGRAPH, but it wasn't. And even if they had taken a few seconds out from discussing the many video news items the audience came to hear to just just mention LW, would that have really changed anything? Or would we just be subjected to a bunch of people calling it meaningless lip service, which in effect it really would have been?

I understand people are anxious for news, but beleive me when I say it's going to be a while coming.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    NAB is a video show, for video people, interested in video products, and the video business generally. So ... which do you think it was, John? And why on earth would anyone expect anything different, especially after I spent the last week telling everyone here not to expect LW news in the near future.
    Why? Because this is a matter of trust, of trusting that your investment of time and money is not going to go to waste because of a business decision.

In the end, the client is an investor, if you do not give confidence to the investor, he will leave.

I feel you're fustrated also, but LW was coming out of the hole, giving hope and confidence to users, and suddenly this.

Regards
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Despite eagerness for LW news I do not recall any 3D software ever being discussed at NAB, which tends to be hardware video based with cameras usually stealing the show (at least where I browse. ). Software coverage tends to be more like Resolve, etc.

Well with all respect I wasn't expecting much after three attempts to rewrite/readjust things, dunno why people are always put so much faith into something while clearly the writings are on the wall. ...and no, I'm not pessimist even tho been talking how bad things are, just looking at thongs as they are, not "how can we be amazing in 10 years time" it's here and now that's responsible whether I've got food on the table.

All this uncertainty isn't anything new to the LW community but its damaging. I can't invest in software I have no confidence in and it's why I and many others made the jump to other software a while back. Unless this recent upheaval reveals some significant changes/announments in LW soon I fear others will definitely jump and it will definitely be curtains for LW. I keep in touch just in the hope that one day I can use my beloved LW knowing its a healthy future. Who knows, turbulent times I guess.

when xSI went down the drain, people were still using it for years.

LightWave would be no different.

some are making a too dark image of the situation.

nothing stops you from thinking like this...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Ha but who's using XSI now? I can't afford to bury my head in the hello kitty sand when it comes to my livelihood hehe

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    when xSI went down the drain, people were still using it for years.

LightWave would be no different.

some are making a too dark image of the situation.

nothing stops you from thinking like this...

Hello kitty does not pay my mortgage. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic, as a freelancer.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

read line 1 over again
    read line 2 over again

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast