Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 342

Thread: Vizrt acquires NewTek

  1. #226
    Registered User safarifx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Agree, way better!


    snip safx

  2. #227
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    544
    PANEL EVENT SUNDAY 7th APRIL 5:30PM - NEWTEK COMMUNITY EVENT 'Together We Change the World: A glimpse into the future'

    Any news? Oh, 12pm there. We're already at 21 pm in spain. :P
    Last edited by Asticles; 04-07-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

    Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    PANEL EVENT SUNDAY 7th APRIL 5:30PM - NEWTEK COMMUNITY EVENT 'Together We Change the World: A glimpse into the future'

    Any news? Oh, 12pm there. We're already at 21 pm in spain. :P
    Is there going to be a live stream of this? I haven't found anything yet.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

  4. #229
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Is there going to be a live stream of this? I haven't found anything yet.
    missed a trick there, being the nature of the business
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  5. #230
    Super Member Paul_Boland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland.
    Posts
    1,087
    I too am interested in what news comes today of Lightwave's future. When is it supposed to be happen?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

  6. #231
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,348
    Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    Any word on what will happen to NT employees? Are they going to need to relocate or...worse?
    I can't quote verbatim, but generally we've been told that Newtek is staying right where it is, largely staffed as-is for the next while; and that we will eventually be joined in San Antonio by some of those currently at our new parent company's North American head office.

    The intention is that the 'marriage' will grow both companies, not diminishing either. We're told that this may mean more diverse opportunity for some NewTek staff, so so far, so good.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  7. #232
    Super Member Paul_Boland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland.
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks for the update!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

  8. #233
    Super Member Qexit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    I too am interested in what news comes today of Lightwave's future. When is it supposed to be happen?
    The presentation at NAB is happening from 6pm till 8pm over in Las Vegas. So it starts at 1.00am GMT. Only Newtek know what the content will be though

    https://www.newtek.com/nab2019/community-event/
    Last edited by Qexit; 04-07-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Kevin F Stubbs

    Remember...one size does NOT fit all

  9. #234
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I can't quote verbatim, but generally we've been told that Newtek is staying right where it is, largely staffed as-is for the next while; and that we will eventually be joined in San Antonio by some of those currently at our new parent company's North American head office.

    The intention is that the 'marriage' will grow both companies, not diminishing either. We're told that this may mean more diverse opportunity for some NewTek staff, so so far, so good.
    Steve, have they given any indication what kind of timetable they have for moving Newtek (and more specifically, LW) IT/DevOps over to Vizrt's systems?

    Those transitions nigh-always occur, and often turn into huge efforts "behind the scenes", particularly for long-lived legacy codebases like LW which haven't really had to deal with such migrations/integrations in their past. Until such migrations are completed, there's generally a (rational) reluctance to engage in any sort of major changes to products' codebases -- codebases need to be stable going into such migrations, in order to properly V&V any devops-migration-related problems and side-effects (esp. when the migration involves forced move to more modern toolchains or build system infrastructure). Attempting to do such a migration on a codebase simultaneously undergoing significant dev modifications is basically a recipe for disaster.

    Just wondering because of potential impact on production of update releases for LW2019, as well as for scheduling of next version release.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

  10. #235
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,348
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Just wondering because of potential impact on production of update releases for LW2019, as well as for scheduling of next version release.
    I understand the curiosity, but it's very early in the marriage, and I don't think there is a living soul who can state what the children will look like yet with any confidence.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  11. #236
    Banned OnlineRender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glasgow , Scotland , UK
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I understand the curiosity, but it's very early in the marriage, and I don't think there is a living soul who can state what the children will look like yet with any confidence.

    you can take a pretty good guess when you fork out millions on IVF treatment ...

    Since Forum / thumbnails / the basics don't excite people....


    <1> CAD support, non existent
    <2> Tumble speed improvements when dealing with geo above 400K
    <3> Preset and Downloads Eco system * mentioned already *
    <4> FBX and Albemic that actually works
    <5> Sculpting tools * not metamorphic *
    <6> Hair and Fur * not FFX *
    <7> Volumetric and Fluid Solvers *better implemented*
    <8> ability to search the node graph or use tab to drop a node
    <9> Interactive boolean tools
    <10> microdisplament
    <11> Rigging tools , not Genoma
    <12> weight paint "that works"
    <13> Render time and engine improvements
    <14> Bullet dynamics * that are not worth a button" => no jitter
    <15> instancing with collusion detection
    <16> flocking * ??? **
    <17> motion graphic tools
    <18> fracture tools that work
    <19> Layer system improvements
    <20> just getting started ...


    industry leading / ground breaking ideas.... if you can't think of that, you are in the wrong job! > see (11) last post

  12. #237

    no Modeler improvements ?

    > Blasphemy

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  13. #238
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    you can take a pretty good guess when you fork out millions on IVF treatment ...

    Since Forum / thumbnails / the basics don't excite people....


    <1> CAD support, non existent
    <2> Tumble speed improvements when dealing with geo above 400K
    <3> Preset and Downloads Eco system * mentioned already *
    <4> FBX and Albemic that actually works
    <5> Sculpting tools * not metamorphic *
    <6> Hair and Fur * not FFX *
    <7> Volumetric and Fluid Solvers *better implemented*
    <8> ability to search the node graph or use tab to drop a node
    <9> Interactive boolean tools
    <10> microdisplament
    <11> Rigging tools , not Genoma
    <12> weight paint "that works"
    <13> Render time and engine improvements
    <14> Bullet dynamics * that are not worth a button" => no jitter
    <15> instancing with collusion detection
    <16> flocking * ??? **
    <17> motion graphic tools
    <18> fracture tools that work
    <19> Layer system improvements
    <20> just getting started ...


    industry leading / ground breaking ideas.... if you can't think of that, you are in the wrong job! > see (11) last post
    <21> Non destructive Text Support in layout...And make it Nodal for a laugh.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

  14. #239
    Super Member Paul_Boland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland.
    Posts
    1,087
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

  15. #240
    Edited: Never mind Mr Boland posted the link a minute before me.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •