Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizrt acquires NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    I aint even going to indulge in the software aspect ....
    please do, while you are on a roll. all good points.

my 2c on lw dev:

i think i would ponder on einstein’s definition of insanity.

my notes:

read, listen, reflect.

speed of dev, ux, blindingly good open minded programmers with a passion, engaged, end user driven development, professional marketing. in house artists (no lw fanboys! some other really top class artists) driving dev from hands on projects that highlight the issues and problems faced in various real world multi app projects and workflows, using those projects to promote lw, provide content for training etc.

tbh, i think you need to really consider what the team that left did all those years ago, how they went about development and just how it is that they arrived at a unified product, marketed it, provided training etc.. just look at that.
    Last edited by gar26lw; 04-06-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Oh its a gag... yknow, when someone asks how some weird word is pronounced and you tell em some complete nonsense in the hope they'll actually try using it... for the lulz.
    My initial thought was it's a comic book sound effect, for when (insert your favorite villan) fires some monstrous weapon, unleasing an overwhelming flood of Kirby Crackle and Kirby Dots. Viz-ERT!

or...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I translate that some of the decision will be with Vizrt, but the merger is still new, hence undecided. I think LW will continue, so I will put aside funds for Vizwave 2020 with Vizgami Toolset.
    looks like it could have been going on in the back ground for some time though being as they just launched new hardware with vizrt stuff inside,
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    looks like it could have been going on in the back ground for some time though being as they just launched new hardware with vizrt stuff inside,
    ...and the surprising unreal export tool in LW
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

My mind is boggling over what is theoretically possible now. My understanding at present - with LW/Unreal a real person can drive a realistic digital character in realtime - but with LW/Vizrt it is about getting a real person into Unreal in realtime. As the technologies converge I wonder about some unholy combination where a real person is interacting with a digital character in realtime....like live acting with replicants (!). Fascinating stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ACross View Post
    That is not exactly what Cross said What I said is that there are a lot of amazing technologies in both companies that detailed plans need to be made for and Lightwave is one of those technologies.

I know everyone wants all the answers, I do as well, but also the reality is that you bring companies together with a market strategy and I think we have actually been pretty clear what that is; maybe clearer than 90% of all companies that merge or acquire. That strategy then impacts almost every area of the company ... ranging from whether you use shared letter-head, whether you use one web site, up to what the product strategies are. The details of that strategy are worked on over time and this is entirely normal, no-one should interpret this as some hidden plot or nefarious scheme (but I really did like some of the conspiracy theories in this thread, and I also know that a lot of people will never beleive any of what we say anyway).

Finally, one message that comes through loud and clear on these forums is that Lightwave users want to see some change; this is change and while we do not know every last detail and there is no way that we can ever do everything for everyone, we love Lightwave as much or more than anyone and have shown that in our steadfast commitment to it for 20+ years both when it is doing well and when it is not.

Feel free to beat me or NewTek up, that is fine But feel free to help us shape the future and make suggestions as well .

Andrew
    Thank U Dr.Cross. Problem here is, long term soured involvement (users) will need later a short term

road map like Side Effects can deliver. Black LW box no-data reveals are so yesterday

& corrosive which brings out the blenderists & the modoists flamers with soured reactions into this forum.

Many highy-qualified people have embraced LW in the past I hope you can re-attract them back with

expanding tutorial materials & marketing properly into areas where it is seen and noted not just a

belated afterthoughts pinned on the donkey. Wishing good luck & congrats in your new position, when

your settled in, give some T.L.C to LW2020 ?
    Last edited by ianr; 04-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    My mind is boggling over what is theoretically possible now. My understanding at present - with LW/Unreal a real person can drive a realistic digital character in realtime - but with LW/Vizrt it is about getting a real person into Unreal in realtime. As the technologies converge I wonder about some unholy combination where a real person is interacting with a digital character in realtime....like live acting with replicants (!). Fascinating stuff anyway.
    Wanna be impressed?
    Look at what unreal is working on in terms of performance capture. (HellBlade game)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQSpfWUs4I
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Oh are we back to making suggestions and believing NT is listening to us? Where have they been for the last 20 years? I mean, you might want to check the millions of requests for modeling improvements over that time, or the calls for bridging the gap between modeler/layout/integration, or people begging you to actually advertise or market LW, or to have some clear idea of where the product was heading in any way.... How many people were asking for a completely new renderer before that was presented? I don't remember any calls for it.

Oh well, new company now, maybe VizRT will take an active interest in LW other than being treated like an afterthought to their line of video products. Then again, maybe they will also.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Oh are we back to making suggestions and believing NT is listening to us? Where have they been for the last 20 years?
    But some off them ran off and made Modo for you - if that isn't listening, I don't know what is.

That product has been out for some time, actually. We've done a lot of 'partner products' along these lines in recent years.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

yea, my mistake, the internet keeps giving me timely advertisements based on browsing and presented the advert on FB as if it had just been released,
    actually advertising on FB has gotten scary as a friend and I proved that skype calls seem to be now using voice recognition to target advertising, we talked about some hardware over skype of which I had never browsed or searched for, and low and behold adverts for the hardware appeared all over FB, the same happened with some printing tech a while back and I thought it was just coincidence as I have searched for a fair few other related things, but the second time there were two different products and both came up! looking into it I did find google had already filed a patent for this exact thing, but it was abandoned literally a couple of months ago! (maybe Microsoft got there first!)
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Ideas: Wouldn't want any good ones to get stolen by the competition.

UI Design will be Key if the goal is to integrate LW with their VR/AR systems.
    The UI has to be a priority. (but this also depends on how they wanna use LW)

Modeling would seem to be the part they are lacking if they want to sell an all in one
    solution from Vizrt. (new modeling system needs to be tightly connected to the UI)

Before serious Ideas can be given, we need to know if LW is planned to still be a
    standalone product or if it is to be integrated into Vizrts current technology.

Quote Originally Posted by VonBon View Post
    Ideas: Wouldn't want any good ones to get stolen by the competition.
    https://www.inc.com/greg-satell/here...-stealing.html

It's really the last thing to worry about at this stage of Lightwave's development (that is outside the LW community and Newtek). NO ONE CARES. It's a fallacy and actually in most cases count-productive to keep ideas to yourself.

Ideation works best when shared, and is prolific in diverse communities where cross-pollination of ideas occur.

Not saying you wouldn't want to guard specific implementation details, and so on, but in general: no-one cares about your ideas. Even if they are great ones, most will be unable to identify them as such.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

If they are a private company, then they may actually keep LW in their portfolio.

I would ask, what is the size of the current LW Dev Team, and how much
    does it cost to operate compared to what our profit margin is or a tax write off.

LW has Potential, that's why people who don't use LW anymore still come here

They can be innovative in my opinion. I wonder what they could do if they had
    more resources and time so they can FOCUS on an area so the Competition
    can't quickly adapt. That'll give whatever they come up with time to infiltrate
    the market. And while the competition is playing catchup, the Devs can already
    be pushing the next innovative Idea/workflow.

Like my Pops always say.
    "Don't worry bout how much it cost, think about how much you can make"

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast