Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizrt acquires NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    I know this has already been posted in the Tricaster section but thought I'd mention it here as well so everyone knows about it:

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/...sition-newtek/

https://www.vizrt.com/broadcasting/n...cquires-newtek

Although today is April 1st, the final line in the article in the second link states:

'Both companies will be presenting to customers, partners, and press at NAB on Sunday 7th April in the Las Vegas Convention Center North Hall. Executives from both companies will be included in order to give further details on the acquisition. '

This does suggest it is a genuine announcement and that full details should come out at the NAB presentation on Sunday 7th April. Lightwave isn't mentioned in either piece so hopefully some mention of it will be part of the presentation at NAB.
    Question to the OP: Should I paste the comment I gave on LightWave's status expectations into the top post for the folks coming new to the thread?
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Question to the OP: Should I paste the comment I gave on LightWave's status expectations into the top post for the folks coming new to the thread?
    Please do Chuck
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Please do Chuck
    Done! Thank you!
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

So long story short, the rumours of Lightwave's death have been very much exaggerated, and LW is definitely not dead (any more than usual ), and there definitely will be a LW 2020 (?).

If lightwave is profitable then they will keep it if it isn't then why would they.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Kiwi View Post
    If lightwave is profitable then they will keep it if it isn't then why would they.
    To specifically see if they can improve it ? It was mentioned that Vizrt users tend to use Cinema 4D, but Vizrt now have their own in-house capability. Surely LW is now clearly an asset and not something to decide just in a few short months ?

Again it will come down to money. It would take alot of work to get lightwave up to C4D esp in motion graphics which is what I am guessing they use C4D for.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    To specifically see if they can improve it ? It was mentioned that Vizrt users tend to use Cinema 4D, but Vizrt now have their own in-house capability. Surely LW is now clearly an asset and not something to decide just in a few short months ?
    I sure hope Vizrt sees Lightwave as a huge asset and a 3D software that can be further developed to not only meet the needs of broadcast but to also continue to meet the needs of all users that create various forms of media & visuals with it.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I sure hope Vizrt sees Lightwave as a huge asset and a 3D software that can be further developed to not only meet the needs of broadcast but to also continue to meet the needs of all users that create various forms of media & visuals with it.
    Not only that, it allows them a leg up into development content for FUTURE markets. Augmented reality and VR 3d content has to be created somehow.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

a somewhat fact is;

- LightWave will benefit from this
    - LightWave will not benefit from this

it might be for the worse, it might be for the better.

pick one
    Last edited by erikals; 04-03-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    a somewhat fact is;

- LightWave will benefit from this
    - LightWave will not benefit from this

it might be for the worse, it might be for the better.

pick one
    You can guess with me...
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 04-03-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    You can guess with me...
    Absolutely no idea hopefully you don't have this vision fading in and out...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Totally agree. There is a tendency to only look at what each company does as existing, but maybe it should be seen as more of a cross-fertilization. I don't know the finer points of what Mr Jenison owned or sold, or how much money Visrt has tp "play with" (I suspect a lot), but the verdict from Redsharknews was very much joint growth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    So long story short, the rumours of Lightwave's death have been very much exaggerated, and LW is definitely not dead (any more than usual ), and there definitely will be a LW 2020 (?).
    There will be a LightWave 2020. With a nice, beautiful Unity bridge!

Many people here have a positive attitude based on hope, others have less beautiful visions. As an architect, I usually accompany my clients, my work partners. That is why it is important for me, and of course together, to show that we accompany Newtek's leaders, to show that we are enthusiastic and that we hope to take advantage of this "marriage" to grow even more. Yes, we can argue, yes we can express fears, but it must be said without hurting the opinion, it will be more profitable for everyone, if we show together that we are ready to follow and grow with Lightwave Under this new situation, show in the eyes of all, what we will still be faithful. This attitude will give positive arguments for further developing Lightwave. it's my way of being grateful to Newtek, its leaders and developers. We do not shoot in the foot to the tool that makes us earn money and live / support our family.
    sylvain

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast