Thread: Best Solution for capturing Laptop video/audio

Best Solution for capturing Laptop video/audio

First sorry for this basic question. I have a laptop running a powerpoint with audio. Laptop HDMI port is connected to projector. What is the best way to bring video and audio into Tricaster? NewTek NDI Scan Converter?

If you have the laptop and the TRICASTER on the same network - Download the NDI scan converter app for the power point computer- connect to the network and start the NDI scan converter- This will send the PPT image to the TC - The NDI image will have to be assigned/picked in one of your TC inputs. Audio from the laptop not so sure if audio follows NDI. I only use PPT w/out sound.

Scan Converter works just fine, we use it anytime we need to record presentation from a PC. You can select which audio output is sent with the NDI signal (if you have for example regular audio jacks or audio via HDMI; or you can send nothing). If you have displays set to extended, you choose which one you receive in TC.
    Only drawback is that it doesn't work on Win7. Vmix has a similar (also free) app that works on W7, but I haven't tried it as we are running W10 everywhere already.