Thread: 2019 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS

2019 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey - RESULTS

http://www.cgarchitect.com/2019/03/2...d7r1iKgvxOFQBk

I am using Unreal so it caught my attention that it is in 5th place for most used render engine and It is also the one most people are considering switching to.

I'd never heard of Artlantis, Twinmotion, Fstorm, Enscape, Scanline or ART before.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    One of the best archviz studios in the dc area uses Unreal and they swear by it. Their turnaround times are INSANE ( as in they get full projects done in days!)
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Those stats make bringing out a new surfacing/rendering model (esp. a pkg-specific offering) look... exceedingly unwise. They are an incredibly strong and compelling argument for focusing efforts towards better SDK support for integration of external render engines (esp. Chaosgroup engines).

I really wish the Unreal support in LW2019 included better support for designing/previewing Unreal materials in LW -- or there were at least provisions for "official" third-party extension/modification of Bridge behavior.
    Last edited by jwiede; 03-31-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post

i really wish the unreal support in lw2019 included better support for designing/previewing unreal materials in lw -- or there were at least provisions for "official" third-party extension/modification of bridge behavior.
    great post...But there is some hope. Hitching their wagon with Unreal is probably a very wise move. But they have to go full in. Give us Unreal material preview support in layout.

BTW this is the studio I was talking about

https://vimeo.com/user34408346
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 03-31-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

and modeller.

vray in lw really would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by robertoortiz View Post
    One of the best archviz studios in the dc area uses Unreal and they swear by it. Their turnaround times are INSANE ( as in they get full projects done in days!)

Sorry to say, but it shows that their turnaround times are fast.